Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remember my eggnog waffles.......

Posted by Budster (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 13, 04 at 22:21

There were none left this morning much to the family's distress...so I made a double batch of whole wheat ones and after breakfast froze the remainder...there was just a bit of batter left - not enough for another waffle..and I didn't want to drag out a frying pan for l small pancake...I put the bowl to one side and went ahead to make some muffins I'd been planning (also to use up bits from the fridge)..I mixed up my muffins and on whim threw in the last little bit of waffle batter into the mixture...(I use a basic recipe and adapt with what I find)...I must say the batter added another interesting taste to the muffins and I was pleased with the result. I could have wasted that last bit ....but took a chance. So be adventureous and try something different even if you aren't sure it will work. You just never know. Not a big money saver to be sure...but each little bit of NON-WASTE helps as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remember my eggnog waffles.......

Good idea! And also use your leftover oatmeal, sweet potatoes, applesauce etc. for muffins also. Things that are not perfect for eating (bruised fruit,etc..) are perfect for muffins.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here