Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What cheapskate thing did you do today?

Posted by Kathy_ (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 29, 04 at 21:12

I skipped the Sunday Paper, ate all meals at home (made a great roast chicken my "bought on clearance" G Foreman contact roaster), took a walk in Gettysburg, PA for free entertainment and hubby drove the fuel efficient death trap to get there. Guess it was a good day. Anyone watch the Pioneer Quest on PBS? I could live like that but would need bug spray! Kathy_PA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What cheapskate thing did you do today?

took a small packet of ground beef out of the freezer (you made that package way too small says DH) and threw together a beef vegetable soup in the crock pot. I am creating a new challenge for myself - to see how little amounts of meat I can use to make a meal and get away with without it being detected by the family....so far I've got it pared down by about a third and no one around here is any the wiser.

o

Got a dump-truck load of pea gravel delivered and made a $73 22'x12' patio. Only downfall is that it was raining all day. The dumptruck got stuck in the yard and I had to pull it out in my Jeep Wrangler. Neither the driver nor I thought I could do it, but it just goes to show a little Jeep can go a long way, even with a 10-wheeled truck attached to it. Now I gotta get some dirt and fix the yard though...

o

I tried to make a tasty pizza out of leftover spaghetti sauce and other ingredients I had on hand. The sauce was too sweet and my dh caught me putting carrots on as a topping. I don't think he would have liked the broccoli topping I was going to add either. Lately, I've been trying to use up foods on hand hand and make do or do without. We waste a lot of food around here.

o
RE: Made cheapskate muffins

Today I made some bran muffins and threw in some orange zest off a drying out orange...squeezed the juice from said orange and added that......also threw in some marashino cherry juice from a jar which mysterious is minus the cherries, added some shredded zucchini (three medium size firm ones from reduced basket at grocery store - 49 cents - shredded and froze the rest), tossed in some cinnamon sugar and flour left over from another baking project and saved in a small container.....so used bits and pieces of this and that...better to toss into muffins than toss into garbage. Bud.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here