SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Propane gas...what a shock at $3.29 plus tax!

I delayed as long as possible having to buy propane gas, knowing it was going to be high. In the last 3 months I've used about somewhere between about 15-25 gallons for cooking, gas dryer, and a very little use of a small gas space heater. I have not used the heater in the last month or so, so I think I will just turn off the pilot.

It used to be that the company would only fill you up, and not make a trip for any less unless you paid and extra $50 fee. They now will deliver as little as 100 gal with no extra del fee. So...today I paid $353.90 (for gas plus tax and Compliance Charge) for my future cooking and drying needs.

If I used 25 gal in 3 months, and continue to use that amount, the 100 gal will only last one year. Does $354 strike anyone as really high to cook, bake, and dry clothes for one person for one year? I might add, I do really like cooking with gas, as well as my Maytag gas dryer. My experience with electric dryers at the homes of friends was that they seemed to bake the clothes and shrunk my jeans badly. Maybe it's time to start considering a new electric dryer.

Sue...upset at todays outlay

Comments (21)