Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amusing tip

Posted by monicatx (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 2, 11 at 11:34

Hi, It is very cold here in the Austin, TX area and my little 15 pound dog is unhappy. Her ears are cold and blankets don't help. So today I took the Salvation Army cashmere sweater that I bought even tho it had 3 small holes in it and covered her. Yes, I machine washed it in a mesh bag. She is sooooo happy.

Wednesdays are their 1/2 price off clothing day so it cost me about $2.50. Pet store beds and blankets are extremely pricey - so I think I have created a new idea. Pamper your pets with $175. Neiman Marcus cashmere. By the way, I just checked and her ears are now warm.

MonicaTX

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amusing tip

A follow up: I went back to Salvation Army this afternoon and bought two more cashmere sweaters. Tonight, after they dry from washing, I will make my dog a patchwork cashmere throw. Beige, coral and black. It will be machine washable with a total cost of $7.00.

MonicaTX

o

Monica, that is a great idea. I am going to look this weekend. They can be made into hats and mittens, too! (For people, I mean, LOL! I don't have a dog any more - DH is allergic to them.)

o

Sounds great to me. Whoever had the sweaters was putting on the dog when they wore them, now your putting them on the dog.;)
Trish

o

Hi trishohiozone5-6,

Is that what they call a "trend reversal"?

Or just a new style for a new season? In ordinary circumstances, to keep the style watchers' tongues clicking ... and the sellers of fashions in business.

ole joyful

o

hats and mittens made from those salvation army jackets look really good, it is indeed a good idea, would like to know if someone can actually use them for some different purpose.

o

I bought a cashmere sweater at Goodwill for $4. It is beautiful - light pink cardigan. I get compliments every time I wear it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here