Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frugal tips on AOL

Posted by roselee (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 4, 09 at 9:50

This was on the opening page of AOL this morning. There's not much that hasn't already been discussed here, but it's interesting to know how people are practicing frugality in these tough times.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frugal tips from Wallet Pop - AOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frugal tips on AOL

That is a joke site isn't it? I just kind of glanced at it and went WT*??? Some of the tips:
"Everyone should try to use more paper towels to save the environment."
"Wrap a blanket around you water heater?! Are they friggin serious? FIREHAZARD."
"People should try to increase their paper towel usage to reduce harm to the environment caused by laundry detergent and wasted fresh water."
"I am proud that my family goes through about 15 rolls of paper towels each week."

That's AOL I guess. AOL, er, I mean LOL

o

Hmmmm ... No it wasn't a joke. Funny, I looked again at all 25 tips and didn't see the same stuff you saw about using more paper towels, etc., except for the one tip about putting the blanket around the hot water heater. They sell fiberglass insulating blankets just for water heaters, we have one and I figured that's what they were referring to.

o

The paper towel "tips" are actually just in the comments section at the bottom by someone called Biblegunclinger.
I'm guessing those comments are a joke, or he/she is trolling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here