SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilene_in_neok

Hacked off at WMT

ilene_in_neok
15 years ago

My DGS was given a Wal-Mart Music Download card for Christmas. We had been downloading music from Wal-Mart for quite some time up to that point. He successfully used seven of the twenty-five downloads and then something happened and the download wouldn't work anymore. I tried to remove the card identification from the system so that I could just pay for the music like I had always done before, but the system just kept trying to charge the download card instead, and then I'd get the same "Your transaction has failed" message.

I sent an e-mail to Music Download Customer Service and got a confirmation that my e-mail had been received. Then four days later I got another e-mail thanking me for allowing them to help me. (???) I checked my spam folder and there wasn't anything there so I e-mailed them back and told them they had not helped me. The e-mail contained a phone number but I just did not want to call because I didn't have time to wait in the queue.

I never got a reply to that e-mail. So I found an e-mail address for Wal-Mart Corporate and gave them the above information. They replied within 24 hours, but just gave me the e-mail address and phone number for the Music Download Customer Service that I already had.

I e-mailed them back, and explained all that. Then I said, how about just refund the money for the music download card, and I'll have him go and download music from somewhere else? Amazon, maybe.

Then I got an e-mail from Customer Service saying someone would call me, and they did, but just to tell me I needed to contact the Music Download Customer Service at -- the same e-mail address and phone number I had from the beginning!!

At this point I was getting pretty annoyed, so I e-mailed corporate again and unloaded on them ALL my complaints about Wal-Mart.

I got two more e-mails from two different Customer Service representatives, directing me to contact the Music Download Customer Service again. Since Music Download Customer Service closed my ticket without ever helping me in the FIRST PLACE, I'm don't have much hope that I'll get any help from them.

At this point, all I really want is just a refund. It's only 17 music downloads at 88 cents each, so it's not very much money. I guess I'll just give up, though, since I've asked for the refund twice in an e-mail and once when I was called and they can't seem to make that happen for me.

Comments (9)