Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Price of gas in your area?

Posted by intherain (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 14, 03 at 3:17

I am curious what others are paying for gas? I live in Oregon, where we are currently paying $1.80 a gallon for regular unleaded gas. Are you trying to conserve, and how? While I hadn't really been thinking about it before, I am now trying to plan my outings to help conserve gas. I'd love to hear what you are doing!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Price of gas in your area?

Marietta, GA $1.50 right now.
I am keeping my tire pressure checked, because lo-pressure can guzzle gas.

I am only taking trips as necessary. I am driving slower to use less gas.

o

About 1.50 for lowest grade regular

o

From our local paper today. Interesting!

Q: We hear so much about gasoline costing 25 cents a gallon in the '60s. Adjusted for inflation, how much would it cost in 2003?

--- Clark Tomlin Jr., Cumming

A: Comparing the cost in 2003 to, say, 1965, it would be $1.46 a gallon, according to the Economic Forecasting Center at the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University.

This is found by taking the value in 1965 and multiplying it by the Consumer Price Index.

Such calculations can be done very easily by going to the Web site of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis: woodrow.mpls.frb.fed.us/research/data/us/calc/.

o

$1.92/gallon yesterday for MTBE-free regular unleaded, and that was about 20 cents more per gallon than the last time I filled up :-(

As far as trying to conserve - I have always tried to combine trips for errands into one outing, so that's nothing new - I think my record once was 13 stops one afternoon.

Becky
Windsor, CA

o

Central Indiana: $1.76/gallon at the "cheap" off brand stations, and $1.79 at the big name ones.

Letting my tank run far lower than usual in hopes that when I eventually have to buy gas, the price will have gone down. However, last few weeks I've lost money on that bet, because it has been higher rather than lower.

Ken

o

I paid $1.5-something last time I gassed up a few days ago. I use about a tank of gas each week just commuting to and from work and one or two other necessary trips. Besides a trip to the grocery store once each week and the library every few weeks, I don't do much excess driving.

o

It's about $1.65 here (Washington D.C area) it was at 1.48 for so long, then it started slowly rising each week!

I take the train to work now, so my gas consumption has been pretty low lately, but I still try to combine all my errand/trips into one. Or use the drugstores in my office areas, or better yet, do without items.

Also don't make sudden stops and starts while driving-that helps some.

If you really want to try saving more, can you car-pool with neighbors either to work or on errands? Check into taking public transportation, or even walking to some areas?

o

We were at $1.739 this afternoon, and the cheapest I saw it all week was $1.719.

Julie
Southeast Michigan

o

Here in the Dallas area it's anywhere from $1.49 to $1.70. Of course I live near a lake & the prices are higher here. Luckily I only have a 12 mile commute one way. Just think, it's almost time for the kids to be out for spring break & traveling for Easter. I think I'll ask my boss if I can work from home a couple of days a week.

o

$1.67 last time I filld up at Costco in Durham for regular, which meant my gas cost $25 for the first time since I got rid of my 78 Firebird, but of course she took Premium only (she was a very picky drinker). I believe it's even more now. Unfortunately I live 25 miles away from both school and work, but I am careful to combine trips from both locations. I saved a little bit by calling in sick today, but honestly I'd rather work than feel cruddy. Dave is saving tons of gas working from home, which helps a lot. We always maintain our vehicles well, but I'm more obsessive about tire pressure than he is. I check once a week, he has the service people do it during oil changes. We aren't in the market for a new vehicle for another 5 years (when I'm out of vet school assuming I get in), but I'm already looking at the hybrids. We need one larger vehicle for all our traveling with the dogs, which currently is Dave's Blazer, and one vehicle for commuting for me, which is my Wrangler. They both get between 20-22 mpg.

o

Premium, which my car takes, is today (gasp!) $2.09/gal in Southern California... Glad I tanked up earlier in the week when it was $1.87!

o

Yesterday it was $1.70 for the lower octane gas. However, it was $1.65 for a higher octane ethanol gas. I hope people will now switch to the ethanol blend. At least that will be 10% less that we will have to rely on foreign oil suppliers.

Sooz - I'm curious - what kind of car do you drive that requires premium gas?

o

I filled up last Tuesday. $1.60/gallon. On my way to work the next morning it was $1.63; but that was the low price, most stations are now at $1.69.

Heating oil has gone up an average of .20 in a week and a half. I paid $1.27 on January 6th.. We're about due for a delivery and I shudder at the spike in cost. But it costs what it costs and we use a woodstove to keep the house at a toasty level with the 4 zones set at 60 degrees. I fully expect we will be paying close to $1.60 for the next delivery.

What're you paying for fuel oil?

o

Gas is $1.73.9 at the "cheap" stations here in Spokane and up to $1.86.9. We are supposed to travel to our neice's wedding a few hundred miles away in Salem Oregon in March. I think I will have to sell a kidney or something just to come up with the gas money! LOL!

Brenda

o

$1.79 for low grade in Southwest Michigan this a.m.

Azarae D.

o

In case you are interested....just filled up today..Vancouver Island , British columbia, Canada....I paid 79.9 cents for a litre of gas - regular. Remember it is litres not gallons here.

o
Bought gas yesterday

Our gas prices went down- I just filled up at Costco yesterday for $1.57/gallon. Much better than last week. Of course, there was another ice storm scare (hasn't played out as of yet- just a little dicey on bridges and such), so there were no less than 64 cars in line! 8 lanes, 8 cars per lane! Some people were filling up cans for generators in case the power went out (last ice storm 95% of area was out for at lest 3 days). How long does gas in a can keep?

o

Paid $1.54 here the other day for reg. unleaded. We are about 50 mi. away from the NC/SC line. DH drives 48 mi. one way to work in a minivan...yuck! I'm trying to talk him into getting a diesel Jetta - friends have one and get about 54 mpg, even tho diesel is about the same as unleaded.

o

2 weeks ago we were buying gas at 60.5/L, then it jumped to 69.9/L. Came back down a week ago to 63.5/L, Thursday it jumped to 79.9/L, this morning it is down to 75.7/L. It goes down and then jumps way up. I topped off again today, I think by Wednesday we will be above 80 cents a litre. Bad news is I don't think it will be getting too much cheaper for a long time to come.

Rose

o

Currently, it's 1.59 where I live in Alabama. Unforunate I have to drive 70 miles round trip a day to work. I stay in at lunch and combine errands on the way home from work.

o

$1.46 at Costco this Morning in Olympia WA

o

80.9 cents per litre in London, Ontario, Canada.

X 3.85 = $3.11 per U.S. gal.

only partially joyful Ed

o

In Houston, the average is $1.59 per gallon at the cheapo stations. DH and I both drive SUVs and I have a 35 mile one way commute to the office every day. I'm seriously considering taking a bus. I nearly chocked on Sunday when we filled up our Yukon and it cost over $50!

o

78 point something and 79 and something for reg. unleaded at a couple of stations in London, Ontario, today.

Multiplied by 3.85 to gallons is over 3 bucks per gal.

Usually about same price with ethanol added - which I like to get on occasion when I'm near such a station, hoping that it cleans out the interior of my cylinders.

ole Ed

o

$1.75 per gallon for regular in Chicagoland area. This is pretty much all over.
From now on I keep my tank full. With all that is going on in the mid-east, if something happens, I don't want to get caught with no fuel in my tank and there are shortages at the stations because people get panick-y.
This happened on 9-11. There were huge, huge, lines at all the stations around here and some of the stations were gouging big time. The day before the incident, $1.50 per gallon, the minute people found out about the towers going down, some shot up to at least $3.00-$5.00 per gallon. I was lucky, I found a station that day because I needed gas and I only paid $1.85 a gallon.

o

Meghane,

Isn't gas in a can sort of like milk - goes sour in about three days (even quicker in hot weather)?

Seriously - it'll be good for months, but does deteriorate somewhat more quickly in hot weather. You can tell that it's deteriorating by a change in odour.

Don't fill your can right full - leave some air space for expansion.

When about to use it and the weather's hotter than when you filled the can, tip the can so the vent hole is at the very top and unscrew its cap first - to release built up air pressure.

If you let it sit in regular mode and unscrew the cap, the air pressure inside at the top will push gas up the spout on the inside and you'll have gas running out around the screw cap.

Not a good idea - it vapourizes quickly, and it isn't liquid gasoline that explodes, but the vapour.

Though many of us do it occasionally, it may be illegal to carry can in your vehicle. It is likely illegal to store it in your home. Don't know about garage.

I think that those are provincial rules up here - don't know whether they're state rules down your way.

Careful - don't blow your stack.

joyful guy/Ed

o

I've already run into shortages around my area. Quite often, I find the Regular is all out, and the stations that do have it, have a lot of cars waiting on a tank to become available.

I hope things get better soon!

o

In Alderson WV the cheapest gas is $1.64

o

I paid $1.87.9 for 87 octane, which is mid-grade here in CO.,two days ago. Ouch!

o

$1.79/gallon is the cheapest I've seen. Yesterday, I had to pay $1.93 for regular because I was on empty.

I'm really looking into getting a Jetta diesel wagon. I have a Subaru which gets decent mileage, but it has 212,000 miles on it and is starting break down.

I hate the thought of having a car payment though. OUCH!

I don't know how people who drive gas guzzlers do it. I've always driven "sippers" and I'm having a hard time with paying $20 for a fill up.

Maybe this will be a wake up call for monster SUV owners out there? Is the "safety factor" really that much better? I've found that the cars I need to watch out for in my little wagon (which is a 4WD) are the big SUVs. But I refuse to buy a giant car to protect myself from other giant cars-

Keli

o

Radio phone-in today has guest with Canadian organization Automobile Protection Association (apa.ca) that operates entirely on consumers purchasing memberships. Mainly advises consumers on relative values of used cars.

The guest says that some of your major costs of operating a vehicle are larger than gas cost - e.g. many cars deteriorate $10. - 15. a day just sitting in the driveway (depreciation).

I bought a 1990 Dodge Colt, built by Mitsubishi, with 1.5 litre engine, standard tranny, (that sips gas) in 1997, with 87,000 mi., (it turned over 150,000 mi. last summer), for $2600.

If I wrecked it today, assuming $0 value - it has cost me about $1.25 per day in depreciation.

Keli OR (New Year kid),

Can't send you an email individually.

I have some ideas that may be helpful as you consider getting a "new" (i.e. another) vehicle.

I've written much of it here, but get in touch if you haven't seen the message and are interested.

Happy motoring to all.

joyful guy

o

DH says that the gas station attendant was raising the price of gas a dollar a gallon as he was pulling in; it's now up to $2.70 or so. Don't know if it will last. It seems like it was just a knee jerk reaction to the explosion. Hopefully, it, and the price of oil will drop back down just as fast as they went up. DH was lucky, he got the old price. I told him if the price doesn't go down, he'll have to take my car to work. His reaction: NO WAY! Fortunately, we have plenty of heating oil.

o

Hey, Keli, I'm in Oregon, too! The cheapest gas I could find in the Portland area was $1.87/gallon, and there were lines! The car in front of me was an Expedition and I saw the driver just watching the numbers click away on the pump. Ouch! Although our vehicle isn't that much better - we drive a Sienna van. I'm just being very careful to plan my trips wisely. Fortunately my DH and I don't commute very far to work. So far the prices are going UP, not down here.

o

Don't hate me, $1.42 here for a week!

o

Hi intherain!

I'm in the Portland area too!

I know that in the past there were a couple of stations that always had really cheap gas. The AM/PM on MLK and Lombard and the AM/PM on 92nd and Holgate. Both on the eastside, but I now live on the westside and have yet to find a good one in my area.

I have been researching the Jetta diesel wagon. VW is offering a 1.9% rate but the monthly payment would still be too much for me. I guess I'll just have to be happy with my 26-27 mpg on my old car.

If I still had my long commute of a couple of years ago, my car payment would probably be a wash compared with what I spent on gas. I used to have to fill up 3x a week!!

Keli

o

Just wrote the check for fuel oil this very morning. $196.80 It's been just shy of 2 mos. since we received a fill (123 gallons). And it has been colder than I've ever seen it for that period of time. We've been below freezing since before Christmas (only hit the 30's in the past week!).

Gasoline is now $1.63 at the cheapest station I pass on my way to/from work. I filled the tank (just below 1/4 tank) and really topped it off. I put $19.00 in it. Initially, I recoiled in horror. But then I "got a grip"! There're a lot of places the world over paying A LOT more than I do. I am still working (we're busy!) and we live well below our means. The way I see it, we're FINALLY beginning to pay the "real" cost of fuel. Hopefully those who drive those behemoth SUVs will get a "dope slap" and smarten up.

Whining doesn't begin to address the root cause... CONSUMPTION. Use less and it costs less...

o

holding steady at $1.52/gal regular unleaded here in eastern central NC.

o

Went out last night. It's back down to $1.87. :) Agree wth Chelone, consumption is the key. But, I don't really hear anyone complaining here, just observing. I, personally, don't mind when the price goes up, 'cause it forces people to conserve, which is good for the environment, and good for the health of the genral public.

o

Here, (E. Tennessee, Smoky Mtns.) regular unleaded is 1.55, if you use Kroger or Sams, you can get .03 off that.

My car (MB) requires the high octane stuff, too, 1.75/gal - and I drive a LOT - it's $60+ weekly for gas for me. I guess I should be happy it's only 1.75, instead of $2.00+; or above the border prices! If it weren't so cold, I bet lots of you would be bicycling!

o

Its around a $1.80 but that is not what I go by I get 30mpg and I burn about $20 a week with 2 cars getting this same 30mpg.Look at what gas cost in the 60,s then look at what a car cost.Then look at what a car cost now compared to what gas cost.Seems about where it should be to me.In the 60's a top of the line car was around $3000.00 dollars now a top of the line is $30,000.00 seems people are more upset about the rise of gas then the rise of a car.I spend around $15000.00 for a new car that gets 30mpg.While so many spend $30,000.00 for a pickup truck or a SUV that gets less.They do not seem to care about the price of the vehical but they do care about the price of the gas.Im just glad gas prices are not to scale with vehical prices since the 60,s however have a feeling there going to be soon.

o

I don't "like" paying the current prices for gas - that industry is controlled by far too few people for my liking, and I really think the current price increases are being driven by war fear (and that thing going on in S. America, is it? - a civil war? I don't remember details but I do recall a couple of months back hearing about it and how it will affect our prices)...

I also don't understand how prices can vary so much within a couple of mile radius, I could see crossing state lines, but within an area... if it's .10 cheaper in the lower cost area and I will be in that area, I do fill up/top off, unless DH happens to need my car and will fill it up with his (business) $ - those are my favorite fill ups!!

But, as far as people not being concerned with how much a car costs then being concerned about fuel costs, I do drive a nice car, it cost a lot of $$; the upkeep, in my opinion, is part of the price of driving the car I drive. I still don't have to LIKE it!!

By the way, I was listening to the Rush replacement today, he reminded us, before the Gulf War, prices skyrocketed then after it was over they dropped back down to less than $1 per gallon. Something to look forward to.

o

Who was filling in for Rush? Roger Hedgecock? He's good. Anyways, he's right - gas prices were terrible before the last Gulf war, then I remember them being like .75 cents a gallon. Whoopee!

Prices here in the Buffalo area are around $1.79 for regular. DH's car takes premium (of course! Sheesh) which is around $1.99. He drives an Audi V8 which we need for winter driving. But we don't drive that car all that much lately since mine has the CD player (can't drive into rush hour work traffic without my music! LOL)

I agree, consumption is key - but when you're talking about home heating oil, I would rather spend a little extra money to be reasonably comfortable than sit around with my winter coat on in the house. (which is basically what my parents do!) No one ever wants to visit because the house is so cold.

o

Right now in Cincinnati, it's $1.82 per gallon, just checked this morning. Of course that is for Premium Unleaded, I won't use anything but.

=-)

- darkeyedgirl

o

We're holding steady at 1.63 at cheaper stations.

It's all about consumption. Yeah, it costs me more to get to and from work. But, you know? I'm not greatly bothered by the increase. It is ASSUREDLY an increase in my "out of pocket" expenditures, but in the BIG PICTURE, I'm able to handle the spike in prices.

I temper my immediate exasperation with the understanding that many places the world over suffer far greater deprivation. I'm well fed, have plentiful work, own my home, and in the BIG PICTURE, whining seems embarrassingly trivial.

JMO

o

SCOTLAND - 81 pence per litre
4.6 litre/gallon is 3.72 pounds UK per gallon
which is (today)

5.97 US

o

Gas buddy is a good resource if used in your area. I've noticed huge differences in prices. Around here, people are very active in keeping it current.

Ken

Here is a link that might be useful: Gas Buddy

o

Northwest Iowa $1.699 for ethanol blend and $1.729 for regular unleaded

o

Central California and the cheapest we can find is an ungodly 2.13 gal. My son lives in Oakland CA and the cheapest there today was 2.26. It is insane!!

o

London, Ontario, Canada

$0.779 per litre X 3.85 = $2.99912 per (U.S.)gal.

I used to enjoy driving.

(only partially) joyful guy

P.S. My old van's gas gauge creeps down so quickly one can almost see it move.

Remember the old slogan, "Don't leave home without it"?

Now, better make sure you carry a well-stocked wallet - and not with small bills.

Credit card? Just delays the pain - and provides an occasional shocking experience when the mail arrives. EB

o

NE Texas $1.579 at Walmart (Murphy's gas) additional $.03 off each gallon if you use a gift card to purchase it. That is as of today. Other stations around town around $1.64 (lowest unleaded type)DS said in Las Vegas it was over $2

o

Here in central Illinois, it's running about 1.57 a gallon. But just got back from SE Missouri this last week and gas there was 1.29!!! Other places south of St. Louis was 1.39.

o

This was on the last page about to disapear. I paid $3.19 last time in town.

o

Gas was cheap 5 years ago but we did not know it then it appears.3.19 here also there saying $4.00 this summer however.

o

$2.979 in Central Missouri for both regular & super unleaded!!!

o

$3.199 to $3.459 for regular in the Puget Sound area.

o

Had to look at this from 2003! $1.80 in Oregon? How about $3.37 for regular now.

o

Ours with all the conversions from liters to US gallons would be $3.75 give or take depending on the day, the moon cycles or just about any insignificant reason to push it higher,..
I hate how theh price jumps are considerable and almost instantaneous but the reductions are small and seem to take days of creeping down. Only to jump higher than they were before.

o

$4.00 USD per gallon is looking to be on the way by summer 2008 because of greed.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gaspump.html

o

Last might it was 3.21 at the local station. This morning at the same station it was 3.27 It went up over night 6 cents and it's the same gas that was in the ground three days ago when they made their last delivery.

o

The average price here is now 1.05 a litre. I believe there are 3.78 litres in a US gallon, so that makes the average price 3.97 per US gallon. At the current exchange rate (1 GBP = 2.01 USD) we're paying $7.99 a gallon.

It's far too expensive. They like to say that high oil prices affect people with big cars, but the reality is when oil/fuel goes up it takes everything we buy up a bit with it. Many consumer products are made from and packaged with oil derived products, while foods are farmed and transported with machines and trucks that run on oil. You don't even have to own a car to be affected by the price of oil.

o

$3.06 today in OKC. What gets me, the price goes up, but the quality doesn't. It gets to $4 a gallon this summer and I'll have to drive my lawnmower to work! LOL

o

I pay the equivalent of 2 US$ for a liter of gasoline. That would be about 7.80 $ for the gallon.

o

Bought gas at Costco yesterday, 3/11, for $3.339. On 3/7 bought it there (a different car) for $3.259. I found a receipt in the car yesterday for gas purchase at same Costco on 2/18 for $2.839 - FIFTY CENTS LESS in just 3 weeks.

o

I paid $3.65 per gallon in central CT yesterday, up from $3.29 two weeks ago, and $3.13 back at the end of January.

o

$3.27 in central Kansas - but it goes up every couple days. We just ordered a rechargable battery-powered Neuton lawn mower. For all the cost of filling up the car, it always freaks me out to get just a small amount for the mower and the price of that small amount really brings the price down to reality - OUCH.

-Grainlady

o

$3.12 in Eastern Iowa for ethanol blend. Diesel is over $4/gal here.

o

3.19 in my part of Eastern Iowa on Friday, Saturday and yesterday.

o

$3.69 gallon in Northern CA

o

Good save, Oakleif. Hard to believe '03 were "good ol' days". Here in waay upstate NY I paid $3.27 this week at BJ's (member's price) but passed by lots of stations selling in the $3.40's and most Mobile stations are around $3.59 Sandy

o

3.35 in Pittsburgh, PA
:(

o

$3.50-ish in UT

o

$3.39 in Atlanta, GA

o

$3.349 in TX. $4.099 for diesel.

o

Cheapest I've seen in Puget Sound area - $3.37 (Costco). Saw diesel at $4.22 just yesterday at a "cut-rate" (ARCO) station.

o

Was 03 that long ago?
You know you are in California when: I paied $4.15 today at the only station in town. The nearest next gas station is 21 miles away and you save a nickle.

o

Fairfield County CT - $3.78 reg, $4.03 super - $4.70 Diesel. Gas went up .05 cents in one hour yesterday. WOW!

o

3.59 in indiana

o

$3.69 in eastern PA, for regular.

Fascinating to see the prices that started this posting off!

o

$3.699 this evening in TX, near Houston. Was $3.559 earlier this afternoon

Diesel is currently $4.299.

o

Two days ago, on Sunday night, it was $4.09 in Cook County (Chicago). Earlier that day, we saw 3.75 in Wisconsin and 3.69 in Minnesota. My car is starting to collect dust from lack of use.

o

Nassau County, Long Island - $4.07 for regular unleaded. I just looked at the older postings, and am amazed at the prices from five years ago. But the comments about prices have stayed the same. I guess everything is relative.

o

$3.64 - Central Kansas. Farmers are going to have to get high prices for their crops this year to pay for the fuel it's going to take to get harvest in the bins.

It was 5-years ago (the beginning of this thread) that we traded our gas-guzzling Ford Ranger pick-up because gas was starting to climb; and got a Toyota Matrix (38mpg) and have never regreted the move. But looking back on the early posts, gas wasn't even close to $2-gallon.

-Grainlady

o

Wow, I wonder what kind of prices we'll be facing in another 5 years!

At last check here in central SC, anywhere from $3.59 to $3.69 gallon regular. I'm sure I'll see an increase when I go out tomorrow :(

o

On the outskirts of N.O. paying $3.67 as of yesterday. Was $3.53 for weeks, then jumped 9 cents, stayed there for a couple of days and then jumped again.

o

In Michigan we are paying $3.99.

o

In Springfield, MO we are paying about 3.54-3.59

o

In TN, AL, GA we paid $3.69/gal earlier this week. Today it is $3.80/gal

o

Here in Mystic, CT gas hit $4.15/ga for regular today. Diesel is $4.79/ga.

/tricia

o

Central CT, $4.25 this morning. I'm not *that* old, but I can clearly remember my father having a fit when gas hit seventy-five cents per gallon ...

o

Within a mile or two area, we've seen prices from $3.88 to $3.95 a gallon. My DH filled up last night at the Marathon for $3.88 a gallon. I'm glad our little Corolla gets 30 miles to the gallon.

Nothing like a holiday weekend to make the gas prices go up!

Linda

o

$4.10 in the Seattle area. I heard a news report that stated the projected price per gallon within two years will be $6.00 per gallon.

o

As of today $3.83 in suburb outside of New Orleans. That's for Exxon and Shell is $3.95!!

o

$3.94 - 3.99 in Louisville, KY.

o

Saw a sign today at 76 for $4.03 - Midway City (Orange County), California. Unbeleivable.

o

We got nailed for 4.19 yesterday just off the Indiana Tollroad. We had no choice.

o

Shell reported $9 Billion profit for the first three months of 2008, with Chevron and Exxon Mobile right behind.

o

Fuel went up 20 cents a gallon here in the Temecula, CA area last night! Posted prices were $4.31 gallon for regular! Paid $4.09 the prior day! Thank the Lord we sold our diesel truck last month! Took 6 long months to sell it! No more R.V.camping trips for us unfortunately!

o

$3.93 in Minnesota for @ a week now. I live in an "ag" area.
My brother is a corn producer so I don't want to diss the farmers but...ethanol plants are going up all over and the price of corn is way up. It has been said that it costs more, creates more pollution and uses more fuel/oil to produce a gallon of ethanol gas then to just use regular gas. Why can't life just be more simple and honest. Everything has to be so political....sigh....

o

I saw $4.25 this morning at Chevron. I don't ever buy Chevron, though. (Southern CA)

o

$4.19 in Milwaukee area for a couple weeks.

o

Was $3.83 for more than a week. Dropped to $3.79 today.

o

It surprisingly went down near us the past day or two. But we all know how the "supply/demand" affects prices. If we "demand" less, the price will go down...

Though I'm NOT by any means trying to down play the crisis it puts many of us in when these prices get so out of control, it IS all good for the environent...

It's my hope that this is a condition/habit that we all try to maintain in good times, as well as bad. We should NEVER, for the good of us all, ever be this dependent on foreign supplies (oil).

o

Wow, what an old thread!
As of June 5 in Central Massachusetts: $3.909 to $3.999 for regular. Like babs77 reported, the price here also dropped a couple of cents. But it'll go back up thanks to the hedge-hog traders.
Granted, global demand is close to the all-time high, but there does not appear to be a supply problem. We got used to $2 gas, then $3 and $4. We will get used to $5 and $6 gas in the coming 6-12 months, sooner if a hurricane hits the refining areas.
The world will be a better place when usable oil is depleted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here