SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miscindy_gw

How long do you wear clothes?

miscindy
11 years ago

I recently discovered that many people do not wear their clothes for as many years as I do. A facebook friend posted something about having trouble finding nice clothes to wear everytime a special event like a wedding comes up. I told her I just pull a dress out of the closet (I have 3 dresses, one of which I made myself). I realized that the dress I wore to a wedding this summer was originally purchased for the wedding of a friend who has now been married about 8 years. It still fits and isn't really the kind of dress that goes out of style and since I don't wear it often, it still looks great!

So recently I have been remembering when I purchased different items of clothing I wear regularly. I have 3 solid colored sweaters that were given to me 10 years ago by someone who was joining a commune and giving awayall her clothes. I still wear them to work in my job as a teacher. I recently found a picture of myself in a sweater holding my newborn son who is nearly 15 years old. I still have the sweater, but it's too tight so I am waiting for it to fit again. Most of the dress pants I wear to work are 3-6 years old.

I do buy a few new items each year and keep my closet purged of most items that don't fit or I don't wear. Shirts seem to wear out or get stained as do jeans and socks!

How long do you wear your clothes?

Comments (35)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH