Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Visit half a dozen countries whenever you choose at no cost

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 22, 04 at 22:42

Learn many interesting things about half a dozen countries, and others as well.

No hassle of getting pasports, buying air tickets, waiting in airports, money exchange or security hassles.

Take the trip on any day that you choose.

At absolutely no cost (since you have computer and internet access - but you do need ability to receive sound).

Visit my thread dealing with this issue on the "Retirement" forum.

Happy no-cost travelling, everyone.

ole joyful

P.S. Especially interesting to night-hawks.

oj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Visit half a dozen countries whenever you choose at no cost

just bumping it down

o

Our national broadcaster, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, carries rebroadcasts between 1:00 a.m. and 5:45 a.m. daily of programs from Radio Netherlands, Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Russia, South Africa, Australia and the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).

Many U.S. residents in areas borderng Canada can get the CBC programs on FM and AM Radio (this is on Radio One on FM).

It is available through most of North America also on Sirius Satellite 137.

You can find much information about their programing at www.cbc.ca.

I find a number of those programs interesting and informative ... and hope that you find them so, as well.

ole joyful

o

I've enjoyed CBC for a long time. Started with seeing it while in Canada one time and have been a fan since. Course I do have a friendly affection for our neighbor to the North anyway. Oh, BTW, thank-you Canada for sending down the much-appreciated cooler, drier air. After suffering with that southern 90+ temp and 70+ dewpoint sewage for weeks, it's so refreshing to be able to breath cooler, cleaner air!

Anyway, I also like the coverage on CBC. Much less hype and often an interesting perspective on news. I tuned in on the infamous "9/11" and after watching the US coverage, I really enjoyed watching a little more unbiased look at the world.

o

You could also take a wonderful trip to your local library. My DH is in the Army and when ever he travels i will check out book on the country or region that he is at. This way the kids get to learn and understand where dad is at.

o

Maybe a useful idea to offset the winter blahs.

Sleep 7 - 12.

Listen 12 - 5 ...

... meditate ...

... breakfast ...

... start out on another day with a spring in your step - lacking sleep-dulled eyes.

ole joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here