Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
State Farm and TurboTax

Posted by dktrahan (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 08 at 21:37

I noticed on the State Farm website that they are offering free filing using Turbotax if you log in from their website (you have to be a State Farm customer). Saves a little bit of money.

De

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: State Farm and TurboTax

I don't know that I want my insurance company knowing that much about my business.

o j

o

They already know how much your home and car are worth.

In any event, you are not giving your tax info to the insurance company, you are just using their website as a portal to reach the TurboTax website.

o

I used the free version of Tax Act.
I filed our return last Friday. (free efile).
Today, one week later, we have our refund via direct deposit.

This makes the 3rd year I have used Tax Act
and I will continue to use it as long as it stays free.

Pooh Bear

Here is a link that might be useful: Tax Act dot com

o

But a computerized tax program cannot consult with you, cannot make recommendations on what you could be doing to lower your future tax liability. It certainly isn't going to be able to answer questions and help you if you're audited in the future.

Thanks, but think I'll stay with my live, breathing, tax accountant--who every year saves me many times his fee with his good advice.

o

If you go on IRS dot gov, it leads you to an array of tax filing companies. I'm not a State Farm customer. Some companies charge very little. I found one that charges only $16.95.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here