Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
About foil

Posted by loveplants (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 8, 03 at 21:18

I wrap my Celery in tin foil boy does it last a long time i have mine in the frige for a month and a half now thats a cheap why to save on veggies well celery anyways

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: About foil

I wrap my "currently being used" SOS pad in a bit of foil and pop it into a corner of the freezer part of my fridge. I keep it in the same little spot and take it out when I start to stack my dishes...it is thawed by the time I need it..use it re-wrap and pop back into the freezer until next time. It keeps it from not going into a pile of rusting goop.

o

Budster, I do the same thing with my SOS pads and they last forever! I have never tried this with celery, but think I will.

Brenda

o

I drop my celery stalk into a bread bag - it seems to keep well for quite a while in the fridge.

I use stainless steel scratch pads, which last a long time.

Though I'm not heavy duty into cooking, I do tend to put porridge, stew or something else into a pot to cook, then go off to do something else and just wake up to the cooking when the burning smell permeates the area. So my scratch pads do tend to get a workout fairly frequently - but they deteriorate from wear, not rust.

Good wishes for good health, friends and happiness - I rather think that happiness comes as a byproduct when one is busily doing things that one loves and spending time with friends. When one seeks it for its own sake, I think that it's rather elusive.

joyful guy

o

I heard that if you're painting and have to finish the job the next day, you can wrap the paint brush in foil and put it in the fridge. The next day it's still soft and ready to use.

o

Im going to use the heavy duty foil to do my plant markings for winter seed sowing this year.

I recycle my gently used foil by washing and folding for next time.

I heard that a ball of foil in the dryer will get rid of static electricity (throw away those dryer sheets!)

o

mid tn mama, how do you make the foil plant markers?

Scrunch up a small piece of foil to use as a scratcher on pots and pans. Works great!

o

I haven't done it yet, but I thought I'd fold it up a couple of times and then write on it. Maybe use a sharp object to poke a hole in the little rectangle and attach it to my milk jugs on the outside (rubberbands??wire) so that I don't have to open them up to see what's growing inside.

I spose I could also make these for my perennials, but for the most part I know what they are once they are bigger, just don't know exactly where they are. But I don't think I'll have time. Hope those little surveyor's flags are cheap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here