SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Big long-term savings, plus bonus ... (limited clientele)

joyfulguy
19 years ago

Hi again, all,

There'll be big savings over many years if you choose to quit smoking.

The bonus is that you may get to live longer (supposing that's attractive to you).

You may even get to enjoy a substantial number of years of retirement.

The extra bonus is that you'll very probably enjoy much better health during the later years of your life.

Special possible bonus for daily smokers resident in Ontario, Canada:

The various agencies dedicated to encouraging people to quit smoking in Ontario are, once again this year, running a contest for folks who at age 19 or over were daily smokers as of Dec. 1, 2004.

Register by Jan 31 2005 at www.quitsmolkingontario.ca along with a buddy who'll certify that you stayed smoke-free throughout February (a short month, after all).

They're having a draw among the people who successfully quit smoking through February, the winner to receive a new car - Ford Mustang, I believe.

Good wishes to each of you who decides to make the effort.

I'm a member of a family with history of weak lungs, my Dad moved from farmer in Ontario to be a farmer on the prairies for forty years.

I started smoking ciggies at age 16, but after about six months, not liking the taste and, being substantially frugal, the cost, I quit.

Now, enjoying good health at age 75, I'm mighty glad that I had common sense enough to do that.

I hope that all of you can enjoy good health, so able to enjoy a number of interesting activities that pretty well require that, through a prolonged retirement, as well.

Note to folks whose noses are out of joint because they can't participate in the contest/draw:

How about proposing to various groups who encourage people to quit smoking in your area to go together and run such a project in your area?

Think how much good you'd be doing to a lot of people - quite a substantial percentage of those who sign up here remain smoke free after a year.

Think how much less call there'd be on the health care system - they might even lower the rates (that you guys who dislike single-carrier health insurance are always crying about) in your area.

Maybe you're just the one to get the ball rolling.

If you can recruit some individuals and groups to support your suggestion, the chances of success would likely be improved.

Good wishes to all for a really outstanding New Year.

joyful guy

Comments (3)