SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Other favorite forums here and why?

OJ recently remarked that we aren't a very yappy lot here, so I was wondering what all forums y'all frequent and maybe why.

Here are just a few of mine, in no particular order

Household Finances...a lot of valuable info to be learned (and possibly shared) there

Computer Help-They have helped me a lot with 'my' many problems plus I have learned a lot from reading others questions and the answers...quite valuable to me who is computer challenged

Kitchen Table-a nice bunch of folks there chatting away about nearly everything

Suggestions-I like to promote some good suggestions there and occasionally make one of my own

Winter Sowing-I plan to start (yet)many things from seed via the winter sowing method, that I might have otherwise been tempted to buy...thus saving money

Seed Exchange-I like to trade seeds I have abundance of for other new (to me) varieties, instead of buying it. Last week alone I received in 57 different varieties of seeds (a bigger seed trading week). There are Tomatoes, peppers, grasses, and annual and perennial flowers. Total cost to me was about $3 plus the time to package, label, and send the seeds I had to share in return. One particular envelope contained 14 different peppers, that a generous member shared for the cost of postage only...no trade even required.

Plant Exchange-This too is a good value to some (like me). I can often get several starts of numerous different plants for what just one plant would normally cost. Some of my cooler acquisitions are variegated iris, variegated yucca, spring blooming bulbs, named iris, named daylilies, just to name a few.

Tomato Forum-Growing a variety of tomatoes became a new addiction a few years ago, thanks to the 'enablers' there.

Ohio Valley Gardening-I live in the OV so I like to see what folks close to me are up to in their gardens.

Frugal Gardening-need I say more?

Garden Junk-see above...lol

Iris-another interest of mine

Daylilies-another interest

Bulbs-same as above

These are but a few.

So where is your beaten path? Do you occasionally venture off of it?

Sue...who entertains herself a good bit here with Garden Web and That Home Site forums.

Comments (7)