SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Bar soap into liquid pump soap

rob333 (zone 7b)
10 years ago

It hit me that someone had to be doing this, and I found several sites online that had a recipe. I don't seem to see this over here, just stick the small bar onto the bigger one for extending usage. The liquid soap truly stretches the number of uses.

If I can just get the consistency right! But here's one of the recipes/a link if it helps. If anyone is already doing this, can you give pointers on changing the consistency? I tried using oil, but I think I will go get some glycerin and see if that'll finally get me what I want. I'm close.

1 c soap flakes
10 c water
1 Tbs glycerin

Equipment:
Cheese grater
A large pot
Measuring cup and spoons
A spatula for stirring
A soap container with a hand pump
A container to hold excess soap
Funnel

Directions:

First, grate the soap. Get out your cheese grater, grab the soap, and get grating. I found this to be surprisingly easy, although the soap particles tend to float in the air as you grate. You can wear a mask to avoid breathing it in. When youâÂÂre done, the soap flakes look like grated Parmesan:

One bar of soap yielded a little over 1.5 cups of flakes. The recipe only uses one cup of soap flakes, so I put the remaining soap in a jar for later use.

In a large pot, combine 1 cup soap flakes, 10 cups water, and 1 Tbs glycerin. Turn on medium-low heat and stir until the soap dissolves. This happens fast, about a minute or two.

Let the soap cool completely, then pour into containers using a funnel. ThatâÂÂs all there is to

Here is a link that might be useful: saavyhousekeeping blog

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz