Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cell Phone Recommendation?

Posted by choufleur (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 31, 04 at 12:21

Have a Tracfone for emergencies only and it has suited my needs. However, I have to travel more frequently and need a cell phone with voicemail capability. Since my Tracfone is not digital, no voicemail service is offered. Can someone recommend an economical company/plan for my very limited needs. Live in the Washington DC area. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cell Phone Recommendation?

In the UK and Ireland there is an independant vendor, the Carphone Warehouse, who will sell many handsets from all networks. You need to find an independant vendor or else see tied agents for all current networks available in your locality before deciding. If you're not careful you could be ripped off bad style.

o

You might look at ecallplus.com. They have the features you require, in a prepaid phone.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ecallplus

o

We have Virgin Mobile and are happy so far. It comes with free voicemail. You need to "top it up" every 90 days even if you haven't used up all your time, but it's still very reasonable, on a par with Tracfone. I got mine at Best Buy.

I have to admit I went for their K-7 Rave phone over a Tracfone because when you turn it on it lights up in a lovely blue. ;) I hadn't even thought about the voicemail feature, but you've given me another reason to be glad I chose it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Virgin Mobile

o

Verizon offers excellent customer service and satisfaction. Their Free Up plan is a prepaid plan that does offer voicemail.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here