Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frugal birthday greeting to old Joyful

Posted by marlingardener (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 30, 09 at 8:17

If my calculations are right, today is ole Joyful's birthday. Let's all save a lot of money on birthday cards and wish him a happy 80th here on this appropriate forum!
Happy Birthday kind sir, and may you have many more so we can all enjoy your postings!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frugal birthday greeting to old Joyful

Cheers, young man! I hope my brain cells work half as well as yours when I reach your age. I enjoy reading your posts.

o

Have a great day, Ed!
Happy Birthday.

o

Happy Birthday, enjoy that sun! Budster

o

Happy Birthday!!

o

This is a great idea ...

... add the price o' the card to the retirement portfolio!

If you kick the bucket before I do ...

... you can leave me the price of the card (with increments if the investment does well, stocks being on sale these days) ... since you'll very likely have an abbreviated retirement.

Thanks for the good wishes, folks.

Life is sort of fun, ain't it?

ole joyful ... thankful to be enjoying good health (our medical care system is thankful, too)

o

Happy Birthday OJ. Thank you for sharing the wisdom and experience gleaned from you life.

o

And a belated greeting to you from the warm midwest where it's currently 26.

Well I was going to get a $20 card, put in a $100 bill so you could go to dinner on me and have it overnighted to you so you'd get it on time, so I suppose that would be about $150? Now let's see, $270 at the exchange rate on your birthday would make it $333.83 Canadian. (Aren't I a nice guy??) So thanks for the savings!

marlingardener, thanks for the heads up.

o

♫ ♪ Happy birthday ♪ ♩ ♩ ♫ to Yoouuu. ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♪ ♬

o

Thanks for the good wishes, folks - received with appreciation ... and a smile.

It was a joy to spend time with delightful daughter in her new (to her) home --- and to share the celebration with half a dozen other family members, unexpectedly.

Bound back to the chilly, snowy, blowy north later today.

ole joyful

o

Included in my Sis's card was a button,

"I've survived damn near everything".

o j

o

Please accept my belated wishes for a joyful year!!
I always look forward to your wit and charm.

o

Belated Happy Birthday and Happy Groundhog Day, as well!

o

While I was rather loggy about sunup (and don't know how many groundhogs there are in the Phoenix area) ...

... later in the day, while I was aloft for about 4 hours, it was fairly sunny on much of the ground over which we travelled.

Some snow in Detroit just about dark, and about 32 degrees ...

... and some more snow as we came along the freeway ...

... with substantial banks along the road near the village where the shuttle bus dropped me just before 9.

It has been snowy ... and cold ... they report. High banks in the yard, ploughed by my landlord as he came to check the house and feed the cats (including the one that follows me around ... but swats me if I try to touch her).

ole joyful

P.S. More info over on Kitchen Table.

o j

o

Happy belated Birthday Ole Joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here