Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you seen stock certificates multiply ... like rabbits??

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 08 at 7:25

Well ... if not as rapidly as rabbits, at least at a fairly dizzying speed?

Like - from one to scores, in 38 years?

And - turning $18,000.00 into ...

... close to a million current value.

That is without considering the annual payouts, which I'm almost sure that I've heard increased during each of those 40 years.

As this website has expressed anxiety about folks telling the same story on different forums, I can simply say that I've authoured a thread with similar title over on Kitchen Table (much more talk, over there).

Due to that talk, it's probably more or less on P. 6 by now - as of early Tues. Jan 15 it was near the bottom of p. 4.

I'm rather surprised that there's not been more discussion - I guess it is true that people spend more time planning their vacation than they do their long-term financial future (let alone the present and immediate future).

There's a link here, so you won't have to go looking.

Hope you've got a good start on what I hope may turn out to be an outstanding week, in a positive way, for you.

ole joyful

Here is a link that might be useful: Contrast: Pay cheque and Pension cheque

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you seen stock certificates multiply ... like rabbits??

Greetings folks,

I goofed in the link that I provided above, folks. It's contrasting the difference between pay cheques and pension cheques.

This one relates to some aspects of the historical record of JNJ stock for the most recent 38 years or so.

Ths time ... I've included the link that relates to it.

Sorry about the error.

ole joyful

Here is a link that might be useful: Can stock certificate numbers grow like rabbits?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here