Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you still sponsor the big family dinners?

Posted by Minnie_TX (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 29, 04 at 22:37

My family has really dwindled but I used to love to do the big dinners for different holidays. Does anyone host those family get-togethers anymore now that you are retired??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you still sponsor the big family dinners?

This subject is too much like the Holidays thread so I'm bumping it down.

o

I will not do the big dinners again, beginning this year. My sis asked me to come for theirs, but I declined when she asked me why, I told her next year it would be my turn and I am not going there. she said it didn't matter, it's no problem for her to have two more over and she understood it would be a huge problem for me to have 12 people over. She is a good sis.

o

That is great and you were able to get out of it gracefully too!!!

o

We still have big family dinners during the holidays at our home. We enjoy it and have the space to do it in. When we were younger, my mom and and dad used to do it. Now it is our turn.
Lu

o

I gave my dining room table, my good china, and my silver to my oldest daughter. Six months later the holidays rolled around and she felt the hook. Too bad!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here