Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So Nice

Posted by Lulie___Wayne (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 02 at 1:13

Hey Everyone! Haven't been around in a while.
DH and I just got back from a two trip to Arizona. He had to go for a few days for work, so we just tacked on a few days and did our own thing. It was soooooooooo nice to be able to go with him and not worry about a job or whatever. The freedom was so nice. I guess there really is some truth to the "Golden Years", right?
www.angelfire.com/la2/OurAngel/ChristinCosby.html
Lulie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So Nice

Hey Lulie, We're heading out to Arizona next April or May. I've been there 3 or 4 times and really enjoyed the scenery. Anything you can tell me that you did interesting?

o

Hey Beverly! Glad that you are geting to go to Arizona. I love that place!!! DH and I went a couple of years ago also and we did some differen things from what we did this last time. I don't want to miss telling you anything that we did that was good, so let me talk to him to help jog my memory from the last trip and I will get back with you soon.
Lulie Cosby

o

Hey again, Beverly! OK, this is a list of things that we did at least once on both trips we took. It is a long list, but DH and I don't fool around when we are on a trip.In fact, he pushes me too much, but it is good because we get to make the best use of our time.
Here goes: Some things may not be spelled exactly correctly.
Monument Valley, Canyon De Chelly,Sedona rock formations,
Apache Trail, Zion National Park, Brice's Canyon, Mesa Verde,Durango/Siverton Railroad trip, Lake Powell and traveled around Paige, AZ, Wapatiki Crator Volcano,
Shrine of St. Joseph's in Yarnell, AZ., Petrified Forest/Painted Desert, Grand Canyon Imax (well worth seeing), Frank Lloyd Wright's home, and a couple of other canyons that we can't remember the names of. Oh, also some meteor crator that was awesome. Other little side trips for me were to a really neat art shop with beautiful art work done by students from overseas. It is called the International Art something.The art work was good and relatively cheap. Course, I looked at it real well and said, Hmmmmmmm I think I can paint that, but haven't yet.Wen to the Broadway Palm in Phoenixe to se a musical, "Ragtime".Also, I know that this won't be there for y'all, but one of the highlights of the trip was a Moody Blues concert at the Dodge Theatre. Only my 3rd time to see them, but it was still sooooooooo good.
DH wanted to surprise me and bring me on the Grand Canyon Railroad excursion and spend the night at the Grand Cayon Hotel, but he couldn't get reservations in time. That would have been a fun thing to do, soooooooo we'll do it next time. Of course, we toured the Grand Canyon.
I really hope y'all have a great time. Really, I thought about starring the things that we liked the best, but I would have had to star them all, truly.
This will give y'all some things to research and plan.
Hope it helps.
www.angelfre.com/la2/OurAngel/ChristinCosby.html
Lulie Cosby

o

Hi Lulie, Sounds like you had a great time! I have been to the Grand Canyon and Painted Desert and driven thru Monument Valley but DH has not so we will probably do those again and I want to go to a lot of other places you mentioned also. Where is the Frank Lloyd Wright home located? Also when I was in Monument Valley it was very obvious that the people who lived there didn't want anyone coming thru there. Is it still this way? Did you get off the beaten path there? I would really like to explore it.
Thanks a million for the info! I did a cut and paste with the url you gave but it said page could not be found.

Beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here