Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanksgiving Plans??

Posted by Minnie_TX (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 16, 05 at 0:20

Is anyone doing anything interesting or different this year??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanksgiving Plans??

DH is thinking of going to a resturant if none of the kids ask us over. We go to the first one that asks. (It's my turn to host Christmas - we rotate.)

o

We go to a restaurant every other year when my children are with their in-laws. My children feel badly about this no matter how loudly I protest that it is just fine - and it really is. I am sure that I would feel differently if I were alone, but if that were the case I would have dinner at the senior center that is less than a mile away or with one or more of my single friends.

o

Non-traditional this year.

DS is cooking shrimp this year so the cats will be ecstatic.

o

Ham, potatoes, veggies, salad and pecan pie with ice cream (Bakers are ice cream freaks), in early Oct. when son and daughter had me over to their Mom's house as they were finishing clearing it out prior to sale after her death last year.

House has been sold and daughter, executor, had son and I out for wind-up dinner just after.

At another dinner together recently, I told of how their mother and I got together - they'd heard pieces of the story from either of us from time to time (we parted when they were 6 and 9).

We met on a blind date - and she wasn't my date. I must have been impressed with her, for due to some penalty or other, one person of the three couples involved had to buy coffee for the ones available at the Univ. next morning, I arranged to sit next to Sue, and asked her for a date.

She accepted.

When I told part of the story to Bruce, several years ago, his response was, "Amazing" (maybe there should be an exclamation point there, but I don't think his response was explosive enough to warrant it).

Hope you all have a happy thanksgiving with lots of family and friends.

ole joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here