SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janroze

From what did you retire?

janroze
18 years ago

I am glad you are helping to revive this forum. I didn't mean to come in here like a bulldozer, but I was so disappointed when I saw the thread about doing away with the forum, when I had just found it. Boy, is it tucked away in an unexpected place - "the chaotic home site?" or whatever - maybe that is the problem.

I would like to know what all of you did in your other life that you are now enjoying being away from, or are you?

I'll go first. Private duty nurse, ortho nurse, evening hospital supervisor. Inactive RN to raise two DDs - we both felt it was important for me to be a stay at home mom. But honestly, I did resent having to give up my career to do so, tho don't think the girls ever knew that.

Went back for a refresher when second dtr was a HS senior and became a treatment center and mental health nurse. Retired in '92 to have bypass. Back to school. Became a chaplain. Retired again. Now working as an artist in my own home. Getting four oil paintings ready for exhibit in FL. on Nov. 1. Working on fused glass for three galleries in different states.

As you can see, I am not real good at retirement. I like to be busy and I actually enjoy working. Deadlines - to be honest - I'm not wild about, but it is what it takes sometimes for me to complete a project.

jan

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County