SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Karmer said to sell stocks.........

phoggie
15 years ago

I was listening to a clip from Kramer this evening and he said that if a retired person will be needing the money in the next five years to cash stocks TODAY.

Are any of you doing this? I did cash some stocks, but just watching the other accounts fall~~~~way down!

I don't know if I need the money or not in the next five years....depends on how my life plays out. Problem is ...I am disabled and 66 years old and DH is 77, hasn't drawn a paycheck for years from the company that he and his son owned.....well, it seems that the "dear fair-haired #1 Son" has embezzled over $400,000 from the company funds and DH (being the "trusting" father that he was), would just keep cashing stocks to put money in the company when the funds were running low.....wonder why????? #1 was transferring money right out of the company and putting it into his and wife's account...while they live in a huge home (with the finest furnishings), she drives a Cadillac Escalate, a Mercedes convertible, he has a Suburban, son has a Jeep Liberty, they have a huge boat, travel trailer, and the list goes on and on....so he had to support their lavish lifestyle. Long story, short, DH is broke!!!...even asked to borrow money from me to pay some company bills, which I refused.....can't see feeling a dead horse!

#1 Son has not paid the state sales tax or withholding taxes for several years.....state took all of my mine money right out of my checking account because I had put DH's name on it...put a lien on our house (which we can not sell), took all of DH's CDs and cash........until DH has nothing left.

DH refuses to press charges for the embezzling because, "he doesn't want to hurt the grand kids".....I guess it is easier to hurt the wife!

The attorney said that what little assets I have left "should" be okay since it is in my trust account.....

I have lost so darned much sleep over this mess...and am on the verge of a nervous break-down....so health is suffering~~~big time!

Can anyone give me some advice? I seem to be at loss anymore for even trying to make a decision..... I wanted to cash out everything when it hit 14,000, but DH convinced me not to do so....now I have been kicking myself ever since~~~but just had a "gut" feeling something like this was going to happen.

Thanks for letting me vent......but if I don't, I feel like I could explode!!!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!