Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some thoughts on this forum

Posted by lilod (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 05 at 10:53

I have been mostly lurking on this site for a long time, and I am always glad when there is some input and the conversation comes to life.
I believe that perhaps some of the problems can be traced to the Forum listing, it's listed under "Finances" so technically any other conversation is "off topic" and poeple are reluctant to respond.
Could that be it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some thoughts on this forum

I hadn't even noticed that. I always use the alphabetical listing.

o
RE: Some thoughts on this forum

lo, Yes, I think I said something like that the other day -sooooo hard to find. We have to come all the way through Gw forums, thru Home Sites, to Finance. Of course, once we find it we put it in favs. But for new people to find it, it is crazy. The forum is not just for finance, this is the write up for it:

"This is the place to discuss plans for retirement, gloat about not having to go to work and share ideas on how to spend all this valuable time!"

It seems people just aren't interested enough to keep it viable.

Someone suggested that I might like the Kitchen Table, but I don't. I tried as they suggested and apparently some feel it is a clique and are leaving, while others complain of having received not so nice emails from members. Who needs that? I didn't stick around to find out what was really going on there. ful warned me that the political police or whatever may clamp down on me, they best take a look at what is going on at the KT.

Enough of that. I will continue to try this one for a while, but if it doesn't work out, or even if it does, come see me and the other great active chatters at the Cottage Garden. Nothing says you have to stick to just one. It has the garden part of the forum, a new active gallery which they just agreed to let us have and an active "conversation" side which we are trying to get them to make bigger. Any of you are welcome at the cottage. Come on over to the cottage when things are slow here, it is a great bunch of people and you won't find cliques there, like on some of the forums. We make it very clear that everyone is welcome and that we are to treat each other with respect. Those who don't are ignored.
jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here