SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnester_gw

Do you schedule your day (when you don't have to)?

mtnester
18 years ago

Hi everyone,

When you don't HAVE to set the alarm clock, do you get up early anyway? Do you go through your morning routine (getting dressed, taking pills, doing daily chores) in a short period of time, or do you tend to stretch it out over the course of the day? Do you stay up too late in the evenings because you don't need to get up early for work the next morning?

When I first retired, I slept late and didn't get dressed till afternoon. I was intentionally TRYING to relax and take things easy, as I'd just left a very stressful job. However, I found that I was forgetting to take my meds, not putting out the trash early enough for pickup, and messing up my afternoons by having so much morning stuff left to do. I had a hard time waking up on the days when I had early doctor appointments or plans with friends. Also, I was "out of sync" with DH's morning routine (there's a subtle mental effect, as he now the only "breadwinner," so I don't want to slow him down as he gets ready for work; MY shower can wait).

I've been gradually getting into a better routine (not the same as when I was working, but nevertheless a more orderly pattern). But I'm still working on this. Any tips?

Sue

Comments (10)

Sponsored