SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dickiefickle

Health Forced Retirent

dickiefickle
14 years ago

I was laid off Jan 1 2009 after 24 plus years ,then my new posistion was elliminated,(this was 6 1/2 months after I took an Inventory Contoller job ,(that my boss wanted me to take cuz I would be good at developing this new posistion ) well smack .pow .boom, recession ...I was gone.. previous I was a supervisor for 20 + years after rising from a production employee,leadman.etc and a damn good one .I was an experienced supervisor on all (3) shifts Well from Jan till my notice in April it was Ok but now my career is really over I used to be a big cog in the wheel now I am wheeless,it feels so tremadic. Now when I go there I am an unwanted ? guest .I used to be a go to guy who the other supervisors called for guidence to solve there problems to zero use,the ironic part is my health was terrible but I did work at keeping my condition hidden (COPD)But I have started receiving disability due to Copd .which is an indicator of my struggles to go to work for the last 3-4 years .but even though I know I couldn't possibly work now from the COPD I still miss the job and responsibility I had .I wish I could huff and puff and drag my O2 tanks along at my old job,plus I had to put my 14 yr old dog down in May. Sorry for too much info

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living