Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Health Forced Retirent

Posted by dickiefickle (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 16, 09 at 1:23

I was laid off Jan 1 2009 after 24 plus years ,then my new posistion was elliminated,(this was 6 1/2 months after I took an Inventory Contoller job ,(that my boss wanted me to take cuz I would be good at developing this new posistion ) well smack .pow .boom, recession ...I was gone.. previous I was a supervisor for 20 + years after rising from a production employee,leadman.etc and a damn good one .I was an experienced supervisor on all (3) shifts Well from Jan till my notice in April it was Ok but now my career is really over I used to be a big cog in the wheel now I am wheeless,it feels so tremadic. Now when I go there I am an unwanted ? guest .I used to be a go to guy who the other supervisors called for guidence to solve there problems to zero use,the ironic part is my health was terrible but I did work at keeping my condition hidden (COPD)But I have started receiving disability due to Copd .which is an indicator of my struggles to go to work for the last 3-4 years .but even though I know I couldn't possibly work now from the COPD I still miss the job and responsibility I had .I wish I could huff and puff and drag my O2 tanks along at my old job,plus I had to put my 14 yr old dog down in May. Sorry for too much info

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Health Forced Retirent

Really sorry to read of your problems. Please know that many others are also suffering from job loss, so try not to let it get you down.

My DH lost his job this year when his plant was closed.

It is sad that your pet had to be put down especially during your time of trouble.

Try to find some place to go other than your old place of work. Perhaps you could volunteer to walk a dog at the animal shelter. Sometimes they have an enclosed yard that isn't too large, so that the dog can run. So it would be mostly watching the dog and putting on a leash to return to the shelter. Contact other agencies in your area for volunteer possibilities or leads for other places that might have possibilities.

Wishing you peace and luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here