SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Major bank study on policies, funding, attitudes to retirement

joyfulguy
17 years ago

Some of you have heard me speak of what I believe to be Canada's best personal financial planning magazine (which is totally subscriber-driven, as it carries no ads), with a number of items of information being available at www.canadianmoneysaver.ca.

They have quoted (on the website, but wasn't in the magazine), a study done by HSBC (Hong Kong-Shanghai Banking Corporation, I think) of several thousand seniors' and corporations' in 20 countries views about various aspects of retirement, including personal and government funding, ages of retirement and a number of policies, attitudes and hopes.

I found it quite interesting, from several angles.

It is available on their website (sorry, I forget the title - but it's easily recognizable once you get there).

Or I can send you the info if you wish.

I'd appreciate your comments - perhaps it would be worthwhile to start a discussion here.

I hope that you are enjoying your retirement - or, if you aren't there yet, in good shape as you prepare for and look forward to it.

One thing nice about retirement - every day's holiday (if you choose)!

But most of us find some worthwhile, interesting and challenging things to do, including volunteering to help our society improve.

ole joyful

P.S. Some recent articles have been written by a young man of 35 who says that he's retired. He's written a book, "STOP Working - Here's How You Can", that I asked for at my local library about a month ago and just picked up yesterday. I think his name is Derek Foster - he spent some time teaching in Korea, married a Korean girl (and they honeymooned in Bali) - so it appears that he's not a Frugal Freak. He lives on a beach on Georgian Bay, an appendage to the right of Lake Huron, north-east of Michigan and about 70 mi. n. of Toronto.

He offers some good ideas and practical advice, which appear fairly sound, to me. From substantially a Canadian perspective, but quite a bit of it transferrable, I think.

o j

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH