Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about Medicare

Posted by yesican (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 12, 10 at 20:18

I'm very confused on choosing a Part B provider. I've been looking at a plan with one company and my daughter who is a nurse says she has no faith in the doctors that accept Medicare under this plan. According to my understanding there are only 5 doctors for our county. If I went with another insurance company would the doctors be different?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about Medicare

I found my own answer. I'd delete the post but can't figure out how. Sorry!

o

But it is a question that many in areas with few doctors do wonder about. Although only hubby is on Medicare because of problems with current insurance company I will be moving to a different carrier. But the carrier must cover the doctors hubby already sees. So far none cover all of them so I too much do investigation of similar problem

o

This is what I found out but it may or may not help you. I was looking at two plans with Humana. It was the more expensive plan and the 5 doctors have agree to accept medicare patients. With the other plan which is a few dollars cheaper you can choose your own doctor but only if they are willing to accept the plan. This is the most confusing mess I've ever seen!!!!

o

What ever you look at compare it's price with BCBS supplemental. I have medicare and BCBS and pay nothing but the premiums. Between both insurances I don't even pay the deductibles. No papers to fill out, you can use any doctor or hospital you want.

o

I have to make my choice in a couple of months (birthday is Dec) and I'm in a quandary as to stay with my HealthNet or change to something else. I like the idea that vala55 suggests, but where can I find out about the costs of the BCBS premiums? Do you think that AARP would have the info?

Yikes I thought this was going to be easy! lol

Thank you for any advise offered.

Susan

o

Just Google BCBS and see what you come up with. I don't know if it is offered everywhere. There was something about it moving out of Kansas a few years back, but still takes care of us because of the aircraft plant and it's many retires who have it.

o

You might want to google Senior Educators. It's an insurance service. I went to their web site and left my number and a few minutes later a very nice gentleman called me. He called me several times and helped me pick out a plan and no it wasn't the most expensive either. They can tell you about any plan that's available in your area and they will follow up later at the proper time and see if you want to change your plan.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here