SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandbb

Valley Fever - double posting

gandbb
19 years ago

I am posting the same message here that I posted to health because I think it belongs in both catagories. This is what I wrote:

Does anyone know anything about Valley Fever? Apparently it is caused by a fungus that is native to the soils of southern Arizona and southern California. My brother has had it for well over a year now and it doesn't appear that he will ever really recover. I can't understand why something so serious is not talked about. I haven't met one person here in the northwest who has ever heard of it and none has had any idea that they were exposing themselves to it while vacationing. It might alter my retirement plan. My brother is very short of breath and has to wear a mask to go outside. That is one heck of a way to live! I realize that not everyone gets it, but that your chance of getting it is nearly 100% over a ten year time frame. Not everyone gets really sick with it, but about 3% die and another 37% have lingering effects. This seems like major medical news to me.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio