Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
112 in Tucson for the 4th!

Posted by devorah (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 07 at 12:13

Can someone who lives there tell me how you manage it? WE are planning to retire there, but I am having 2nd and 3rd thoughts. At 112 can you even make it from the car to the store? Do you sleep during the day and get up at night?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 112 in Tucson for the 4th!

When I lived in Tucson we had temps up to 114. Back in the old days we had window water coolers. I'm sure real A/C is now available but wasn't then. People will say it is a different kind of heat not much humidity but it is still hot. I loved it out there.

o
RE: 112 in Tucson for the 4th!

Yeah that kind of heat is pretty extreme to be sure.

Rest assured however that even though those sort of temps are not enormously unusual, neither are they typical. Typical is around 100 or so for the high - HOT to be sure, but actually surprisingly managable (because of the famously low humidity).

I'm sure those sunny 65 degree days in mid-January will more than make up for it.

We're actually retiring down there as well - though not quite in Tucson. We've bought land out near Benson where it's a little higher and a little cooler.

Been to to Tucson in late July and early August (during the summer monsoon) and loved it. Didn't find the heat to be at all hard to take at all - though it was only around 100 or so - rather then the 112 you mention.

Ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here