Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know of a good senior health website?

Posted by carlylake (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 3, 10 at 21:05

I'm looking for a website/forum where I can read about and ask questions pertaining to normal aging and health issues.

I have done a search and checked out a few, but the ones I found aren't quite what I'm looking for. I guess what I'd like to find is a "gardenweb" for senior health.

Anyone know of such a place?

Carly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know of a good senior health website?

So far I have not found one that you can truely ask questions and get real answers. Part of the problem is that there is no such thing as "normal ageing". Each persons body breaks down and repairs it's self at different rates. I use WebMD and just search for any conditions I am interested in then review the information based on what I already know.

The only thing that anyone is certain of is that we all die. Much of the information available is basically don't do any thing that will allow you to enjoy life.

I do agree that we should all get excercise and maintain a stable weight but beyond that many of the recommendations make no sense.

o

Check Web MD as they have the infomation you are looking for. Also check both the Mayo Clinic and John Hopkins sites.

o

I use both to research health issues but limited ability for OP to ask questions on both.

o

Look at MedlinePlus, put out by the National Library of Medicine

Here is a link that might be useful: MedlinePlus

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here