Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prescription Drugs from Canada

Posted by Catt11 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 02 at 20:54

I would like to know if anyone out there (in the U.S.) has ordered prescription drugs from one of these internet companies that sell them so much cheaper from Canada? My husband and I recently ordered some from www.canadadrugs.com and got them so much cheaper. Has anyone experienced any problems with the drugs being "different" (i.e. less potent, different chemical composition) or anything? As expensive as prescription meds are in this country, this seems like a really great deal. My elderly parents spend over $500.00 a month on meds and it is extremly difficult on them. I hope to be able to get their meds from canada also. Anyone have any experience with this out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prescription Drugs from Canada

In this area, quite a few people get their medicines from Canada, but Canada is now requiring a Canadan Dr to co-sign the prescriptions. Most Dr's near the ND border do not have a problem with this. I do not know about ordering over the internet, but like any thing else, you might not get what you think do. Here, there are busses that take seniors up to Canada. Is there anyway you could have the drugs checked thru a lab? You might check with the Canadian Gov as to the internet sites. I agree with you it is ahsemed that our Gov will not help out the seniors, and most Dr's don't seem to care either. All they care about is ordering another pill for you to take.
Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here