SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

I am so torn about what to do~~

phoggie
15 years ago

Although I do not have a whole lot of money, what I do have, I want to keep~~ I have a moderate sum in an annuity (which I will need to pay taxes on when cashing), and I am trying to decide if I should cash it out, pay the taxes now and put the money under my mattress~~~~ I get so sick with each and every statement comes that it is going down, down, down. My advisor says that I need to stay in and it has "always" come back. Well, I am 67 and I don't know if I have that much time to wait.

This is my second marriage (first husband was killed 30 years ago) and we have just found out that my present husband's son has been transferring funds out of their business account to his personal account...and telling his dad that they needed more in the business account, and my husband has been funding his son's embezzlement and nothing is left for "dear old dad".

I must protect all of my own monies (I do have everything in my trust for my children), but our retirement has been shot to h---!

Would you advise me to cash out or stay put?....wish I had a chrystal ball....but it worries me to no end.

Comments (9)

Sponsored