SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judith_gw

Finally! Retirement in 25 days

Judith
19 years ago

After three tries, I think this is really going to be IT! I am planning to retire on July 2nd, in just 25 days. I sold my vacant property in midApril and that was one thing that I had to do before I could retire. So, now it is just about set for July 2nd. I still have to pick a Medicare Supplemental insurance and a friend has recommended Health Spring, I had thought about United Health Care that AARP has. We had United Health Care at work as our group insurance the year before last and I was totally satisfied with it. Anyway, I didn't want to have a retirement party, I just wanted to leave quietly, but after 37 1/2 years of working at the same job, they said I had to have a small retirement party, so that is set to be in a couple of weeks. A long time friend from another department is also leaving and they are having a going away part for her on June 23rd. She isn't retireing but is relocating to where she wants to live when she retires in about 8 years. I plan to get a computer for my home so that I can keep in touch on the various forums. It will seem strange at first, I guess, after working non-stop for 47 years of my life, but I have lots to do at home and I know that will keep me busy. I have 17 acres, 4 horses, 10 cats and 3 dogs, so I will find enough to do with the yard work and the animals. It still seems somewhat unreal at the moment, but it is exciting too. Judith

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm