Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Retirement reception favors

Posted by GayleKabes (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 02 at 4:42

Hello,
I am retiring June 30, 2002! My secretary and friends at work are giving me a reception. I would like to give favors to those who attend (est. 100+) Any suggestions?
I know that I will not be able to say my words about the 31 years because I will cry so will be writing them. Thinking of giving my written feelings as a scroll. I will miss my friends but not the work/stress.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Retirement reception favors

You could make a little announcement in a scroll and maybe add a little personal note to each - even if it is just something general. You could make them like little diploma's After all you are "graduating" to a new way of life.

o
RE: Retirement reception favors PS

You might want to pass around a little memory book, like an autograph book and have everyone sign it. Later try and put a photo with each one (this is for you) Believe it or not in 5 years you will wonder what so-in-so's name was.

o

Thank you! I am using both of your suggestions!

o

What did you finally do, Gayle?

And how did the situation turn out?

What ideas and feelings do you have about the situation, now?

I hope that you're having a ball in your retirement.

Let us know how that's going, as well.

Good wishes for good health of body, mind and spirit, friends and interesting things to do.

joyful guy/Ed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here