Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any info on Lake Greenwood or Savannah Lakes?

Posted by mar_cia (My Page) on
Sat, May 6, 06 at 17:54

These are places in South Carolina we are looking at for retirement. We have looked at them and they have big pros and cons...like everything. Just wanted to hear from anyone who knows anything at all about these areas. Any information at all might help us with our decision. Thanks Marcia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any info on Lake Greenwood or Savannah Lakes?

Are you from the South? I can't imagine a Northerner moving to the deep South and being accepted. Politically correct or not....it's reality.

o

We just bought a place in aiken, SC which we love. People are wonderful. However we just visited Savanahh Lakes and fell in love with it. The lake and central location are a big win - but growth is still going on there if you crave some of the urban life. I haven't been to Lake Greewood.
I think it depends on what you are looking for and can afford.

o

Thanks Crystal for your concern. We lived in Florida for 23 years before I came back north to care for elderly parents. I love the south. I have no concerns such as you speak of. And, Sportsmom, I really appreciate your thoughts about Aiken. We might consider that area. Yes, we have decided to look again more seriously at Savannah Lakes.....it is really nice. It is interesting to hear your reaction to it. All thoughts are helpful. Marcia

o

Crystal153, sorry but I dare say Northerners are as well accepted in the South as we are in the north. It depends on the people, not from where they come.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here