SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
talulu47

can social security be denied?

dustyknees
17 years ago

a neighbor is on social security disability.payments started in late 2002. in late 2004 he started working as a security guard for the minimum hourly wage. he never reported his job to the Social security administration.

last week he received a letter which he is suppose to fill out and send back to the adminstration.it stated that his wages for 2004 are not reported. it also went on to say that to keep receiving disability checks would depend on the answers he gave.he made over $11,000 last year. this year he is working less hours.

what is he up against? yes, a big corporation. but does anyone know what his future might be? he's a diabetic. but not sure if he would be considered disabled now.

i told him not to worry. he's 63. he can still draw social security. he worked over 30 years for the same company.

later. i got to thinking. was i wrong to tell him that he can still draw because of his work record?

it's a right to draw social security isn't it?

although he'd be drawing less at this age than he would if he waited until he's 65. but the way its looking. he might have to. what do you folks think? any suggestions/info?

any inside information that i can help him with?

Comments (7)

Sponsored