Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A simple path to financial freedom/early retirement

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 07 at 16:01

I just posted a message with that title over on "Household Finance".

Everyone has a business: dollars are your employees.

Spend them - they work for you once.

First cost on every paycheque? Pay yourself first - put some into a savings account.

Build an emergency fund of 6 mos. income (though I don't always have it).

Learn to live on the rest.

Learn how to manage money, your employees skilfully.

Enjoy financial freedom ... maybe finance further education ... probably retire early - one guy told of doing it at 34 (and wrote a "How to ..." book)! Want one?

ole joyful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A simple path to financial freedom/early retirement

Hi Ole Joyful!

I would love to get a copy of this book, or any help offered. I am in my mid 30s, husband late 40s. Hubby has been 100% disabled for years, therefore, I am the worker.

We have a nice house, child, dogs, cars, and want to secure it all for the future. In my job field, there is no 401K, or anything offered, unless you work for a corporation. So, I have a money market savings acct that I add money every so often. I also have a policy, should anything happen to me.
This way, I know the house will be paid for, plus extra cost of living.

I would LOVE to spend one weekend with retired people who have made it, but only with the same conditions as I am in. I need to know if I'm doing everything right, to protect our future. I think we all need a mentor in our life.

o
RE: A simple path to financial freedom/early retirement

bluoasis---you should start a Roth IRA.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here