Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's FREE!!!!!!

Posted by PeaBee4 (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 03 at 11:02

Believe it or not, the Pharmaceutical companies are actually doing something for Medicare enrollees. I know it is to head off the chance of the government insisting on reduction of prices, but shoot, it's going to help,

They have gotten together and formed a plan that greatly reduces the cost of a lot of drugs usually used by the Medicare Crowd. My pharmacist told me about it this morning. She is allerting all her Medicare customers.

When I say "reduces" I mean I will get on Rx that is costing me 118.00 for only 15.00. There are about 150 drugs covered. And your doctor may be willing to change you to one of them.

You have to meet certain requirments.
1. be on Medicare
2. have no other drug insurance, private or public
3. earn no more that 38,000 for a couple or 28,000 for a single. ( it's more if you live in Alaska or Hawaii)

Go to www.Together-Rx.com to enroll or get more information. Look at the complete list of drugs covered.

Or dial 1-800-865-7211 and ask for information on the Patient Assistance Program.
PB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mmmmm

Just posting to move this on down.
PB

o
RE: It's FREE!!!!!!

Hi PeaBee4,

Did you say that drug cos. have hearts, after all?

"Wonders will never cease", as Dad used to say when something quite unexpected turned up.

Good wishes to all,

joyful guy

o

Bumping this up, important for everyone, thanks for the info!

o

All of this recent fuss about quite a few U.S. people getting their prescription drugs at much lower cost in Canada, including having them shipped from Canadian suppliers or coming by the carload, even busload from nearby U.S. states ...

... is going to mean that soon Canadians are going to be paying more for their drugs, you can bet.

The drug companies, of whom there are not a large number, are not going to allow this situation to continue untended.

There's a major move afoot in Canada to place really heavy restrictions on homeopathic materials, as well.

Can't have others horning in on turf that we've staked out for ourselves, now, can we?

Good wishes to all for not needing much of the pharmaceutical manufacturers' stuff.

Good wishes to you and yours,

joyful guy

o

I work in an elderly highrise as a social worker and have many of my residents signed up for FREE meds thru NeedyMeds.com. It is well worth checking out and applying.

Here is a link that might be useful: No-cost prescription drugs.

o

Thanks for letting us know, PeaBee. I'll certainly tell my parents. They may be interested in checking into it.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here