Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Revocable living trusts

Posted by sportsmom12 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 9, 06 at 14:59

Okay- I watched Susie O. finance show and she convinced me to get my will updated and to get a revocable living trust( not even sure I spelled it right) Does anybody know how much they cost to have made up and are there lawywers that specialize in it. We are middle class people in our early fifites, I don't think our finances are too difficult- our home, some life insurance policies, vechiles- 401k accounts, not much regular savings.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Revocable living trusts

I'll take a stab at it. Depends on your net worth. Up to $800K it was bout $1000. Above that its dependent on the net worth- ie the more you got the more they want because presumably you have a more complicated portfolio requiring much more paperwork.

I axt em what if I had $2 million in a passbook savings account (no securities - very simple) and they backed off and said it would be negotiable. Yah sure!

Hard to get a straight answer. Couple months ago a friend of mine with several propeties and a few CD's and overall net worth about $1 million spent around $1600-$1800 for a trust.

There are lawyers for this as well as paralegals that specialize. He used a paralegal.

As ever, see a library or a book store. Download info from Google. Know your stuff in advance. Don't rely on memory; get some publication(s) in your hot little hand that you can refer to anytime day or night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here