Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Retirement Poem

Posted by AnnD (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 02 at 13:30

I wrote this for someone on another forum on THS, and thought I'd share it with all you retirees and those of us who soon will be.

Retirement Time
2001Ann Driscoll

Even though you've just retired,
There's lots of work in store...
Fix the roof, paint the house,
And tile the bathroom floor.

The garden's overrun with weeds.
The fence has been neglected.
The tool shed's gotten out of hand.
Major clean-up's been projected.

Insulate the attic space.
Build a barbecue.
You won't have time to sit and rock.
There's too much stuff to do.

You've got a list of "Honey Do's"
But truth is, to be fair,
Your job is not to get things done,
But to STAY OUT OF SOMEONE'S HAIR!
--ann in NH
"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me..."

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Retirement Poem

Ann, I like that!
You are very talented.
Hayjud

o

Great poem, Ann.

o

OHHHHHHHHHHHH how true. There are so many projects that I have in mind now that I want and need to do now that I have time for them all. Not only do I have plans for the things that I enjoy doing, but also so many things that really need doing that I have put off. My husband is not retired yet, but he has a lot of time off from work (working shifts of 12 hours allows him to be off 6 months out of the year). We have a lot of fun together and have shared interests but also enjoy doing our own thing too. I don't think that he will have to worry about me getting in his hair. I'm too independent. We do make sure that we make time for the rocking chairs, though. It's wonderful in the late afternoons, just having long talks and watching the butterflies and hummingbirds which we attract with our flowers and homemade nectar. So far, my retirement is better than I ever dreamed and it has only just begun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here