Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Welcome back!

Posted by Spike (webmaster@gardenweb.com) on
Fri, Feb 8, 02 at 10:29

This forum has been resurrected at popular request, but only contributing members will be able to post here.

I hope this proves popular!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Welcome back!

Thanks! Glad to see it back since in under 10 years I hope to be retiring.

o

Just recently retired......this should be a great forum. Thanks.....

o

Thanks, Spike!

o

This should be interesting. I've been retired (or I should say that I retired myself from my job)for almost a year now. My DH retires in less than a year and a half. I'll be checking in hear often to see what I can expect when his time comes. Will I be laughing or crying?.....

o

Thanks, Spike! I opted to take early retirement six years ago when the company was sold and offices moved across town.
My husband retired this past October and we are still adjusting to 24/7 togetherness. So far, we haven't had any major conflicts. We love to travel and we have hobbies to keep us busy.

o

Thanks, Spike. I retired at 57 yrs and went back to graduate school shortly thereafter. Now I am working in the graduate school also, and feeling younger than ever. I thoroughly enjoy it. -- Marie

o

Thanks, Spike, we appreciate it.

o

Thank you Spike. My hubby and I have bought our retirement home (up north) and just have to get the last 2 out of college. Hubby retired and got a new job to afford it all. Am glad to see this forum return. Hope to use it a lot. Just became a member and will let people know I think it is the best $15 I ever spent.
Kathy G in MI

o

I am so happy that Spike did this for us. I missed this forum so much. We live in "The Villages" retirement community in Florida. We moved here about 6 months ago. It is like living in a play land for active adults. There is so much to do here. We use our golf carts to do and go where ever we need to go. The weather today is 74 degrees. The coldest months are December through February.
Betty in Florida
betty@thevillages.net

o

GLAD ITS BACK! I WIL BE RETIRING IN 10 YRS.

o

Bill,
Ten years will fly by, make the best of them. When we are young we think we will never get old. But old age and retirement comes before you even look in the mirror :-))
Have a great Day!
Betty in Florida

o
-:{ Thanks, say good bye to Nick-Nacks

THANKS SPIKE for the return of the retirement forum!

Here is a suggestion...ask for a year of The Garden Web, The Home Site the next time your Birhtday pops up. It is a lot better than another nick nack you no longer want to dust or PJs that don't fit!!

o

Haven't posted before, my 8th year of retirement. Was 68 when I hung it up.

o

Thanks Spike for bringing it back,

Diane

o

Thanks for bringing this back, Spike. DH and I will be on this quite often.

o

Thanks Spike I just found this site and now I know about it will be visiting often.

o

Hello all,

It's been just over a year since Spike resurrected this forum.

Time to evaluate.

Has it met your needs?

Have you learned some useful things?

Have you made some new friends?

What other topics would you like to consider?

I'd read some threads some months ago - but couldn't post as I hadn't become a member.

After a trip to the U.S. last summer I had some funds left over, so thoughtI would send some.

Finally did.

So here I am.

For info on what who I am and what I'm about - read my profile.

It's a good day when you can bring a good gift to someone - and bring a smile to their face. Many retirees don't need any more "stuff" - they'd appreciate some time, some talk, to be taken to an interesting or fun-filled gatheringf, etc.

Good wishes for health, happiness, friends, enough to live on and some interesting things to do.

joyful guy/Ed

o

Thanks, Spike. I know it will prove to be helpful to many people, including me.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here