Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
USA or Canada???

Posted by PeaBee4 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 10, 05 at 9:33

I am curious. Are most of the people asking questions here from the USA or Canada? It seems to me that a lot of the advice is useless unless the advisor states at the beginning of the post which country he/she is from. For example, unless the poster knows that Joyful Guy lives in Canada, he or she might assume that the information is true for the USA. I would hate to think that someone in Canada got the wrong infomation from me just because I posted what was true for the Southern USA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: USA or Canada???

Hi all,

Often if a money-related issue deals with a U.S. situation, I make no comment, as I feel that I have nothing of value to add.

Usually if I do comment, I note that my viewpoint is Canadian. For example, when discussing issues relating to heating or air conditioning, if I refer to amount of insulation, fuel consumption or such, I refer to the fact that I live near the Great Lakes - where it gets cold in winter.

There are people posting here from various countries, so we need to check as to whether the information given is valid in our situation.

In many cases it is possible to contact the writer directly and many (most?) of us welcome requests for clarification.

Good wishes for effective management of your information.

Isn't it thrilling that knowledge is doubling in something less than a couple of years? When it used to take centuries.

But ... mistakes can sure catch up to us in a hurry.

We need to be vigilant and considerate of people in other places if we are to avoid destroying this world. If not by immediate catastrophe, by the erosion of the earth's systems that we need to live by environmental degradation. For example, imagine the tons of jet fuel whose residues thousands of airliners leave up in the sky daily. Think that's not having an effect upon our weather?

joyful guy, a.k.a. ole joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here