Return to the Retirement Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Before you sign up for Residential/Nursing Home ...

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 4, 07 at 0:13

... better check out a thread over on the Kitchen Table.

Titled either "Save cash over Nursing Home" or "Alternative to Nursing Home" - you can find it on "Search".

It claims that staying at a hotel is less costly than living in a Nursing Home - but has most of the advantages.

Others were speaking in terms of going on successive cruises.

It was on P. 1 on Sat. Feb 3, and pages move 2 - 3 per day, over there.

A lot more talkative than here, it seems.

I hope that you're all enjoying your retirement.

ole joyful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Before you sign up for Residential/Nursing Home ...

This is not the first time I have heard about this. My neighbor mentioned it to me.

o

As some of you know, they're a talkative bunch over on KT and the last messages left on P. 67 over there are about Feb 22, so early Feb. ones have fallen over the edge of the abyss by now ... sorry. Guess that I should have posted, to have brought it back to the top.

But I expect that most of you who may have been interested went over there to check it.

I think that I didn't know how to post a link, then ... but have learned, since.

The idea was to stay in motels or hotels, as one gets almost as good service as in many retirement homes.

Or go on successive cruises, for similar reasons.

Though one would need a place to hang one's hat during the in-between times.

And would you like to get rid of everything that you own ... except what you could carry on a cruise ship?

Pack rats would have a life-shattering trauma over a situation like that!

I hope that everyone's having a lovely week.

It was cold and windy here, but sunny and warm, today.

ole joyful

o

There was also an article going around about retiring on a cruise ship. In fact I think maybe I posted it long ago.

o
RE: Here it is

I posted it a couple of years ago. Rather than copy/paste I'll give the link

Here is a link that might be useful: an alternative retirement home - Retirement Forum - GardenWeb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Retirement Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here