SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hayjud_mn

Health Insurance - Something Learned

hayjud_mn
21 years ago

My husband retired a year ago at 62. I'm five years younger then he. We kept the group Health Insurance from the company he worked for. We are both doctoring with our hearts, so we were afraid to try changing for fear of the physical or something.

Last year we were able to afford the policy, but this year there was a 100% increase in the monthly cost! This was not possible. It was going to cost us over a thousand a month! This group policy was with BcBs, so we checked with them to see if we could find a better policy.

To shorten the story a little, we now have the same coverage for half the cost! We are both non-smokers, non-drinkers, and in pretty good health (agent called it GOOD health.) He told us that the GROUP policies for a large company figure on at least 30% of their people needing addiction programs and counseling. We were able to write off all that stuff. I just can't tell you what a relief it was to get that taken care of. When Medicare starts, then we can get the supplimental to go with it.

I just wanted to share this incase anyone else is in the same situation.

Hayjud

Comments (13)

Sponsored