SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
betty_the_villages

The Villages in Florida!

betty_the_villages
21 years ago

I have not been on here for over 6 months now. A few people are still writing me about "The Villages." I am glad to answer their questions. My husband has been real sick and cannot walk or help himself much. But, he is getting better everyday PTL. I have been busy. I now have some help so I can write again on the forum. He is 84 and I am 80 now.

We still live in the Villages and love it so much. When my husband gets well he may not be able to drive the car. But he will be able to drive the golf cart to shop.

As I told you all before, we can do all our shopping and medical needs....doctors and clinics and etc. with using our golf carts. Today I took our dog to the pet groomers on the golf cart. Then went to the bank and shopping at the super market.

Glad to be back reading all your emails concerning retirement!

Betty in Florida

Comments (15)

• minnie_tx
    21 years ago

So glad things are looking better for you!!

• betty_the_villages
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Minnie,
    Thank you so much. Things are really getting better for us. My husband just yesterday started to walk without his walker:-) I have had great faith and know that God will give him a little longer time with me and the family.
    We are so glad we decided to move here in the villages. A retirement community is a God send when you are sick and growing old.
    God Bless!
    Betty in Florida

• minnie_tx
    21 years ago

That reminds me of a hymn of long ago "I walk with God along the way and oh, it is a happy day" Congrats to hubby and I'm glad he is still with you too. He must feel wonderful about being able to get around again.

• betty_the_villages
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Minnie,
    Thanks for writing. Our weather has been some cold last week. But today is beautiful...the sun is shining and the temperature outside is now at 11:15 am 72 degrees already. :-)
    Everyday my husband is improving PTL.
    Betty in Florida

• betty_the_villages
    Original Author
    21 years ago

Minnie,
    My husband is not doing too well these days. He is taking so much medicine. Now they have him on Anti-biotics for ten days at a time starting at the first day of each month. He is still on oxygen and prednisone and so many other blood pressure and heart pills. He can walk 30-40 feet but then he has to sit down. He seemed like he was improving there for a while.
    Hope all is well with you.
    Betty
    We are so happy to be living here in The Villages. Everything is right here. Where we live I could walk to most everything if I had to.

• minnie_tx
    21 years ago

I'm sure you are surrounded by caring friends, at least I hope so.
    Give hubby lots of hugs (not too tight) and continue your loving care. Our prayers are with him and you too.

• cattknap
    21 years ago

Betty - I've enjoyed your posts over the last few years. I hope your husband is doing better. Please let us know.
    Cathleen

• betty_the_villages
    Original Author
    21 years ago

To all,
    My husband is in the hospital...has been now for a week. He does not have long to live. Our family were all together yesterday at the hospital. He may live one day or maybe 6 . He is struggling and suffering with his breathing. Yesterday they put him in a private room with 100% oxygen. With Ativan and Morphin given in between doses. He has been the best husband, father, friend and neighbor anyone could ask for.
    I will be back on here as soon as I can handle this crisis.
    God Bless All.
    Betty in Florida

• qshopper
    21 years ago

Betty, just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this trying time.

• Judith
    21 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's condition. My heart goes out to you at this time.

• minnie_tx
    21 years ago

Betty, Keep strong and you'll make it. Blessings to DH and I'm so glad to know that He knows he is loved.

• Ilene29
    21 years ago

He will be in a better place with no suffern. My mom died
    God bless you and your family. We will be thinking about and take care.

• joyfulguy
    21 years ago

Betty and family,

We pray that God's grace may give you courage, strength and assurance sufficient for the days ahead.

May your love for one another help to sustain you through these days.

ole Ed

• grandms
    21 years ago

Received information on Mar. 5 that Betty's husband has passed away. I know she would appreciate e-mails and especially prayers from all of you.

• minnie_tx
    21 years ago

Thanks Grandms We are wishing her well.

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions