SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livingineurope

Any suggestions?

livingineurope
16 years ago

Hi,

My wife studied in Europe before we were married. I sold everything I had and went over, too. It was truly a great experience. That was in the earlier '70's and I am retired now. I am thinking about the following and would like some feedback. My wife and would like to team up with another retired couple or single retired person. The first year I would rent a house in England, Spain, or Italy. We would invite from 4 to 8 students to move to Europe and study (college) for one school year. We would be guidance facilitators. All expenses for the house would be split between all involved, but it should bring the cost way down. The students would be from one college in the states and all courses they take would be on-line. One college I communicated with is Gwinnett

http://www.gwinnetttechnicalcollege.com/content.cfm?PageCode=fees

They have an online business degree at an amazingly low tuition.

This way a lower income student could study in Europe for a very low cost which should be able to be paid with grants and summer jobs.

If the program is successful after the first year I would do 3 houses. One in England, Spain, Italy and/or Greece. The students would switch houses 3 times during the year to visit and study in all countries.

I want to maintain the highest moral standard for all involved and would interview and select based on moral values.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

Here is a link that might be useful: Some online colleges

Comments (2)

Sponsored