SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christineo_gw

CRF resales and communities

christineo
17 years ago

Hi all....

New to this board and new to the retirement search thing.

Being so new to all this, we can use any advice someone who has been there (or is there now) can give us.

We are now in Fall River, MA. So looking forward to being snow birds. We want to winter in Florida and live at a campground we belong to in the summer so we can be near our kids at least half the year. We have a park model in Plymouth, MA where we stay in the summer right now.

We will be retiring very soon. We are trying to do our research so that we can make an informed decision.

Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of money, nor will we have a lot to retire on. Enough to live comfortably, but not enough to buy a home in an upper scale retirement community.

We have been to Florida 2 years in a row now checking out some of the 55+ communities. And we have been looking at the resales in the modular home parks (or manufactured home parks). Some have been single wides that have been extended out a bit, some have been doublewides. All years from older to newer.

We would like to buy something out right so we won't have a mortgage hanging over our heads. We do not own a home that we can sell and re-invest in another. We are hoping to buy something under $50,000 with as low a lot fee and additionals a month as possible.

Actually, we are more interested in central Florida for a lot of different reasons (if at all possible in our financial capabilities)

So far, the Hidden Coves (Hidden Cove, Hidden Cove East, and Hidden Cove West) seem to have what we are looking for. Reasonable resale prices, lower lot fees etc, near the water (Lake Henry--Lakeland and Winter Haven), and an active adult community.

They are part of CRF Communities. It seems that CRF Communities are all over the country. Some very reasonable like the Hidden Coves, and some much pricier. I am surprised that I can't find anyone who has heard of them or knows someone who has dealt with them or lived in one of their communities.

That is why I am trying to get helpful information. In searching the internet, I can't find any information (good or bad) about them. Yet, they are found in all the searches I do about Florida retirement communities.

Any information you can give us as far as reasonable 55+ communities in more of a central location, we would be greatly appreciative. Also any tips, warnings, or heads-up info is sorely needed before we make the big commitment.

What about insurance on modular homes??? I keep hearing how this is a big issue in Florida now.

Thanks again-----Chris

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor