Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sears craftsman door opening problem

Posted by rjgolf211 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 16, 08 at 22:51

I have a sears craftsman model 139.53628srt. Door was working fine, came home and all of a sudden door will not go down when hitting the one button on the wall. door budges and then returns. I get the blinking bulb. Tried adjusting the eyes no results. both car remotes get nothing from when pressing. When I hold the one button on the wall the door goes all the way down. If I let go before it gets to bottom it comes back up. I noticed only one of the eyes have a green light on. HELP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sears craftsman door opening problem

It sounds to me that your door obstruction sensors are not functioning. check the alignment again and clean the lenses.Eliminating that,the one with the green led not lit could mean the wiring to it is broken or disconnected, or the electronic circuit board in the opener is malfunctioning and needs repaired /replaced or the obstruction sensor quit functioning. First thing I would do is check the wiring looking for breaks in the wiring or someplace it got pinched or pulled. Check the wiring diagram in the manual. If you do not have the manual you can download a copy off of sears part web site. It probably the alignment of the sensors or a bad board in the door opener.

o

I'm not a garage opener expert, but luckily fixed this problem on two recent occasions for different folks. In one instance the eye was aimed a bit sideways, so I bent the bracket a tiny bit to orient it to the other side, which took care of it. On the second incident, the "eye" was fine, but the "wired" side (with the little red/green dot) had come undone. I snapped it back in place, with the dot aimed toward the eye on the other side, then it worked fine.

o

I just fixed mine by wiping off the bottom track. Looks like leaf debris was hanging and the eye was seeing it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here