Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rogerv_gw

Cleaning an inaccessible gutter

rogerv_gw
11 years ago

I have a lexan cover that's just under a 2nd story deck that keeps the patio under it dry. The installers put a gutter at the lower end of the lexan cover. It worked fine for several years, but now is apparently at least a little clogged. I can't get my hands into it since there is very little space between the top of the gutter and the lexan cover, and it was not made to be removable, so I can't really take it down easily. It does have two short open runs of about 6 inches each, one at each end. I was able to partially get it working this morning by running a lot of water down it with a garden hose.

So I'm wondering how I can clean it. Of course, the downspout is pretty small so I can't wash the junk in it out that way. So my alternatives appear to be some sort of snaking to pull the stuff out, or using a shop vac with a long hose that might be able to suck out the junk.

Any thoughts or suggestions about this, other than "how could you install a gutter that you can't easily clean" *smile*...that ship has sailed.

Thanks.

Comments (3)