Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carlosv_gw

Craftsman garage door opener - doesn't respond to remotes

carlosv
11 years ago

Hi,

Previous owner of my house replaced the garage door openers (two single doors) with Craftsman 1/2 horsepower units in 2000 or so; the units are identified as "Part No. 41A4315-7D" and "Canada 101 241A" on the rear of the units. They've worked fine for the 6-1/2 years I've owned the house.

Recently my wife reported that hers had been "flaky" and wouldn't reliably respond to the remote, though the wired control (a single button, possibly left over from the previous opener) works fine. I figured it was the battery, but replacing it didn't help.

I tried clearing the programmed remotes from the opener (that works; the light goes out after holding the green program button for 10s or so) but I can't seem to program any remote to it -- hers, mine (which still works with my opener), or two other Craftsman remotes that came with the house.

Since it won't program any of these remotes (it doesn't seem to sense them; the light bulb never flashes), am I right in thinking the radio portion of the logic board is dead/not working?

If so, what's the best way to repair it? Do I try to replace the whole logic board with something like this:
http://www.aclickawayremotes.com/Liftmaster/41A4252-7D-Logic-Board/index.html

or is there a better/different way?

I'm in Canada, by the way.

Thanks for any advice,

Carlos

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Arete Construction Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Experienced Craftsman & Top Quality Masonry in Frederick County